Postpartum Depression

Exactly what I was afraid of...

I had post partum depression with my first daughter. I was so afraid I would have it again, but I told myself it probably had a lot to do with how her birth happened and how she was in the nicu after for a while. I just gave birth to my second daughter on thursday and the birth could not have gone any better, yet I still got the post partum depression again. Worst part, this time is SO much worse than it was with my first. I can't eat, sleep, or really breathe correctly. It gets worse and gets better. I started on the zoloft as a precaution when she was born, and when it started effecting me on friday night, they doubled the dosage to 50mg. i hope it starts working soon. I don't know what to do. My husband is a police officer and works 12 hour night shifts which means he sleeps during the day. I have to be able to be alone with both my kids. Ive found over the past couple days that I can't even find the will in me to function with my daughter who is 2 & 8mos. She is what I'm used to and I would hate for this to effect her because i can't handle her sister. I don't even know what to do. =\

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Na

Re: Exactly what I was afraid of...

• I have no experience with this, but I just wanted to say I hope you can talk to someone and get some help to feel better soon. You shouldn't have to go through this alone. *hugs*
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Definitely get some help soon!
    I feel your pain. My husband is a state trooper and works 12 hour shifts. It's so hard!
    Do you think the Zoloft is making you feel worse? It can do that from what I hear.
  • Loading the player...
  • It may take a few days for Zoloft to kick in... Do you have any friends/relatives you could call in for small bouts of relief or help? I'm sure being alone with the kids isn't helping you stop spiraling. See if you can get in a little walk- with or without kids. T&P <3

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"