October 2014 Moms
Options

Weird breathing

Dd was fussing in her sleep this morning and breathing Really heavily through her nose for a good 5minutes but never fully woke up. I got her out of the Pnp and she continued to sound like she was almost forcing snoring while she ate (somewhat of a dream feed bf). I started to think she has a stuffy nose and is getting sick from all the holiday gatherings. But now she's done eating and breathing totally normally. I'm confused and somewhat concerned. There's no hunger induced asthma right?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11

Re: Weird breathing

• Options
    Dd has done this a couple times. I wasn't really worried as she doesn't have a fever and seems fine once she's changed and feed. I just figured she was getting restless because she was hungry and/or had a dirty diaper but was still too sleepy to wake up fully. I don't really have any answers or advice but I'm interested to see what others have to say. I guess if you're worried call her doctor.

• Options
    Did it sound like she was congested? DS2 has really heavy breathing usually when he's falling asleep and the pediatrician said that it was normal. He's been battling a cold over the last week so we have been suctioning his nose using the snot sucker and using saline spray to help clear his nasal passages.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She had her checkup last week and we asked the dr about it and he checked her breathing and said everything was fine. I guess it's like anyone else getting stuffy overnight and draining when you get up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Options
    If it's congestion, breastmilk will thin the mucous (just like when you have a cold and are encouraged to increase your fluid intake to help with congestion), so that may have helped. Keep an eye on her breathing and disposition. Watch for fever or labored breathing. And as with anything, if your instinct tells you something is wrong, call the doctor! :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"