2nd Trimester

Needing advice on dealing with emotions

Hello all,
I am currently 21 weeks with my first child! I am beyond ecstatic to meet my DS but this pregnancy has been torture on me mentally and emotionally. On top of the pregnancy hormones I have pregnancy related hypothyroidism, plus I already struggle with self-esteem and my husband and I are still adjusting to the married life (1 year anniversary is in Feb).
I'm feeling so lonely and my husband is going through a period of wanting a little space so he's not been as affectionate/saying sweet things. I am trying so hard to give him his space and not be naggy but I feel so alone and cry constantly. I know he doesn't mean anything by this but it hurts my feelings so much and not being able to control the crying just makes me more upset. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks so much!

Re: Needing advice on dealing with emotions

• I wish I had something brilliant to say but all I can give you is this... It is hard sometimes and lonely and emotional and your self esteem does suffer, but this whole situation is temporary. You will get your body back, you will relax into your marriage and that stupid hypothyroidism will work itself out with or without medication (mine did). Be kind to yourself. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You can do this.
  • I used to have an eating disorder so I too struggled with weight gain- but it was mostly in my mind. When I actually weighed myself I weighed exactly the amount I should, and I'm apparently "all belly" to quote the nurse. I say this not to brag, but to let you know you might also being imagining it's worse than it is- ignoring obviously that healthy weight gain is what your baby needs! My DH seems a little less affectionate, but it's because he's driving himself crazy with all the tasks he apparently has before the baby comes- as if he'll come out and judge that the house isn't all painted inside or something... ;) Changes can be rough on couples, I'm sure ya'll are doing your best! :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi--I happen to be a psychotherapist and my daughter is pregnant so I was viewing posts. I really think you could use someone to talk with and if you would tell me your area, I might be able to provide a name. Don't worry about costs since many therapists take insurance or have a sliding scale fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"