Trouble TTC
Options

Feeling alone, want to strangle my husband, just need a little support.

Ladies, do you ever feel like you are going through this conception process completely alone? I’m the one watching what I eat, taking vitamins, tracking every little thing my body does. My husband has only one job right now. All he has to do is deliver sperm to the right place at the right time.  I charted, I tested, I told him we needed to do the baby dance last night. I went to bed. Did he follow? No! He stayed up until after midnight and we never did it! WTF! This whole baby thing was originally all his idea. Now I’m on board and I’m getting no help from him. We’ve been trying for almost two years now but it doesn’t matter if he won’t participate! Grrrrr. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for listening.

Re: Feeling alone, want to strangle my husband, just need a little support.

• Options
    I definitely know where you're coming from! I think because we're the ones that carry the baby and actually get to be pregnant, it becomes more real... At least in my opinion. With my hubs I find that explaining what I want and need from him in specifics helps. Communication really is key! But it can still get lonely and frustrating. GL!
    Married since September 2014
    Me: 32, Addison's Disease causing premature ovarian failure
    DH: 32, Testicular cancer survivor
    *Gameday decision** IUI or IVF cycle #1 beginning January '15 postponed to February '15
    Change of plans-- Donor Egg Cycle beginning Dec '15
    Currently we have our little fur-baby Milo to keep us busy! 

• Options
    So sorry! I just wanted to offer my support. Hugs.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs, I know exactly how you feel. I feel like everyday like I'm the one that has to make this happen by charting, going to multiple appointments and watching what I eat. I'm sorry you feel this way right now :(
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    @rumbera28 Lol!!

I think the topic of donor sperm coming up is what has DH totally on board for paying for IVF (at least at the moment). 

OP - so sorry about YH. Mine has done that to me quite a few times. Lately we've made it a thing that he comes along to every blood draw and ultrasound if he doesn't have school, and I think it helped him feel more invested and understand what a big deal it would be to screw (or not screw, LOL) a cycle.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    @Rumbera28‌ - that is hilarious! @eskimozie‌ , I had a similar conversation recently with DH about taking multivitamins....but we both have been guilty of falling asleep, getting sick, or just not being in the mood. Timed sex is not exactly great sex - anything you can do to try to spice things up might make you both feel better. Not saying that that should be one way - maybe he could think of fun things to get you both in the mood, too?
    Me (33), PCOS. Bloodwork normal, AMH slightly high, HSG clear 
    DH (40) SA good 
    Trying since 1/2012, RE 6/2014 
    Letrozole & TI June 2014-September 2014 -BFN
    October 2014 - IUI #1, lertozole - BFN
    November 2014 - IUI cancelled due to holiday, TI & Lertozole - BFN
    December 2014 - TI 
    January 2015 - IUI #2 - ?

• Options
    eskimozie You're not alone in that feeling. I'm sorry you're feeling alone and I'm assuming quite frustrated. I've gone back and forth with my feelings on the support I feel I'm receiving vs. the support I'd want to have.  I've threatened birth control and discontinuing trying ( I have PCOS and the pain isn't manageable) because of feeling alone before.  A few months I've also experienced my husband not following through because he just didn't feel like it, and such a simple thing like not being in the mood just wasn't a good enough reason for me.  It's still a struggle, but I try to remember that as frustrating as it is for us women dealing with it all firsthand and more than the men, they really will never understand.  They may have the information, but will never understand the pain we may have, the daily reminders with tracking and medication, etc.  I try to remember that, and while it may not be OK to feel alone, and not OK with us to accept that they can have less responsibility and not be present...that may never fully change because they will never fully understand. There's no way they really can.  Try no to carry it all on your own though.  Remind him how you feel, what you need. Remind him that he has to be all in.  You're all in, and you need him.

It's not fair, but men are so much in their heads, and knowing they have a task scares them. Have you tried keeping him out of the loop of your ovulation? When I used to share my information with my husband, he always freaked out.  It did some crazy things to him and it was all too much for him.  After many talks and arguments, me threatening to give up because I felt alone in the struggle, I stopped letting him know everything. We had a plan to try having sex every other day, or 3 times a week...but keeping my ovulation (or when I should be ovulating) out of the conversation seemed to curb the freak outs. I keep him in the loop with things, especially when I'm feeling like I need his support, but some things I keep between myself and my girlfriends when his involvement isn't necessary.  I hope you have support elsewhere too, and I hope you start feeling less alone. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"