1st Trimester
Options

Ultrasound

I had a scan last week 4 weeks 3days and one today 5 weeks but they still don't even see a gestational sac is that normal?

Re: Ultrasound

• Options
    I track ovulation because I don't have regular periods all the time. And the scans are free I work in an office with ultrasound
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work in an OB office and my dr is in the same office she had me do it just for fun because we see ALOT of gestational sacs during the 5 weeks and because I was hoping to see something before Christmas I hadn't got a chance to talk to the dr when I first posted because she left for a delivery I've talked to her now and she said all is good to look again next week if we still don't see anything we will do a quant lv.
  • Options
    The tech was worried that I would be upset that I didn't see anything. I wasn't expecting to see anything yet just hoping ;) the tech going spazzy made me wonder
  • Options
    Wow I asked a simple question to put my mind at ease about not seeing a gestational sac I am new to this and I don't an didn't have the answer. So I came here asking for input. It is not my job to know what is on an ultrasound at any given time. yes my ultrasounds are free not all if them will be but I have been trying for a while and my dr was excited as I was about getting a BFP weeks ago. So my OB dr is letting me get scanned for free to see exactly how far along I am you don't know my history. Nor will I take the time to explain that to you. Free ultrasounds are a perk for where I work I actually asked to pay they told me no. During the course of a normal pregnancy out office charges for 3 ultrasounds depending on how far along you are for your initial visit. I don't go and use the machine myself professionals use it on me my dr wasn't in the office at the time they worked me in because she had to leave for a delivery so I didn't get to talk to her. I came here looking for information not other women getting bitchy because I got a free ultrasound
  • Options

Wow I asked a simple question to put my mind at ease about not seeing a gestational sac I am new to this and I don't an didn't have the answer. So I came here asking for input. It is not my job to know what is on an ultrasound at any given time. yes my ultrasounds are free not all if them will be but I have been trying for a while and my dr was excited as I was about getting a BFP weeks ago. So my OB dr is letting me get scanned for free to see exactly how far along I am you don't know my history. Nor will I take the time to explain that to you. Free ultrasounds are a perk for where I work I actually asked to pay they told me no. During the course of a normal pregnancy out office charges for 3 ultrasounds depending on how far along you are for your initial visit. I don't go and use the machine myself professionals use it on me my dr wasn't in the office at the time they worked me in because she had to leave for a delivery so I didn't get to talk to her. I came here looking for information not other women getting bitchy because I got a free ultrasound

It is what it is. Does your doctor have their own practice? I get free envelopes because I work customer service at an envelope manufacturing plant. Not really the most fun free thing but I never have to buy envelopes again in my entire life, haha. Oh well. Glad you did get to talk to your doc and put your mind at ease but it's really too early to see anything so I'd recommend just chilling for now.
  • Options
    Thank you for that post that's all I was trying to figure out and my doctor wasn't concerned either I'm not one to dwell on things it was just the way the us tech was acting that made me feel weird about it I wasn't truly expecting to see something hoping and I knew there was a chance before the holiday so I was hoping that was all. I thought the bump community would be supportive and help others not ridicule someone for using a work perk. Yes she has her own practice and I'm very relaxed about the situation. Just needed to talk it out, and I let it go.
  • Options
    I get it. Have you invested in a pregnancy book yet? I definitely recommend doing so if you haven't. There are tons of books with information that will help calm your nerves and whatnot. Also, lurk all around this app/website. I have found tons of useful information on here. Good luck
  • Options
    Yes I have the ones I have a pretty generic and the other I ordered the holidays mail is slower so I haven't gotten it yet just hoping it arrives before my family does for the holidays so I don't have to field questions
  • Options
    I work in an OB office and my dr is in the same office she had me do it just for fun because we see ALOT of gestational sacs during the 5 weeks and because I was hoping to see something before Christmas I hadn't got a chance to talk to the dr when I first posted because she left for a delivery I've talked to her now and she said all is good to look again next week if we still don't see anything we will do a quant lv.

But then you know that sometimes you don't see it sometimes so you know it's normal and if you work in the same office as OBs why wouldn't you ask one of them? Your question doesn't make much sense to me.
  • Options
    Because my dr had let for a delivery and she was gone a lobe time. I assumed I wouldn't see anything but I don't know that stuff not my expertise I draw blood and stay in my lab I'm always busy
  • Options
    Long not lobe
  • Options
    I sometimes ovulate twice a month it is really hit and miss
  • Options
    I don't truly know my date that part of the issue and at the time I asked my question my dr was in a delivery. Doesn't matter I got my answer from my dr now and that's all that matters.
  • Options
    It wasn't transvaginal just abdominal and was 3 min tops I've payed plentyl to my dr in the office you don't know my history. And they don't LOG HOURS of freebies everyone else in the office has already had their children and have been "fixed" now. It's not like I'm going to be getting a scan every week I was hoping to see something before Xmas I didn't I asked here and when my dr came back I asked her. End of story you are not paying for my ultrasound. I'm not going to get free prenatal care throughout my entire pregnancy. The office I work for has multiple ultrasound machines and have had them for years. if my dr and the practice say it is fine to get a scan who are you to say otherwise. I have multiple jobs my own insurance I have no debt a hsa account for any medical bills and I have never received any public aid in my life I work for what I have which is a lot more than what most do. Thank you everyone for your comments I have the information I needed.
  • Options
    Well at 4 weeks you wouldn't see anything at an abdominal ultrasound. Also, I really didn't know if it was a misuse of resources because everyone else pays for ultrasounds. I'm not sure why someone else should get free ones? It seems like an abuse of your position & potentially misuse of machines.

Ultrasounds are medical tools to be used by trained professionals. Not a lab tech that wants a Christmas snapshot.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Also, can someone explain how it's "bitchy" to question when someone does something questionable? :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    And oh my word...misuse of work property.  The machines should only be used for paying patients that actually know them.  And I'd also be kind of cranky if the machine was broken for my appt because you were fooling around with it.    

I just keep thinking that this wouldn't fly in most jobs...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @joy2611 I'm sorry, are you an ultrasound tech? Or a manufacturer? Sales rep? Know anything about sonography, or sonography machines? If not, maybe you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @grandiosequestion I should lose my job for what? Doing something that doesn't go against department protocols or policies?
  • Options

loislayn said:

Actually, it's really fairly common practice. Just like I could grab the doppler anytime I wanted and use it. I can also check my BP, O2 sat, weight, and temperature.

There isn't a limited amount of ultrasounds a machine can do and every one she does isn't taking one from you or another patient.

Thank you! The pearl clutching over this is a bit ridiculous.

I am inclined to agree....again.

• Options
    aditigirl said:

Most of OP wrote was tl;dr and so poorly written that I didn't bother.

I don't care if you get free U/S everyday if you want, not my business.

I do care that you seem to have this sense of entitlement that you have this and that, and are so much better because you've never used public aid. You can fuck right off with that.

This is where I am at. I'm don't really care if the ultrasound is free, but I do care about the sense of entitlement. I just asked a question & I still side-eye a lab tech farting around with equipment they are not trained to use.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I didn't use it on myself the us tech used it on me, after the dr said to do the scan
  • Options
    Well I miscarried enjoy your own pregnancy. Or just continue to be hateful and judgmental
  • Options

Well I miscarried enjoy your own pregnancy. Or just continue to be hateful and judgmental

Sorry to hear this.

• Options
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
  • Options
    I am sorry about your loss. I do not feel anyone was intending to be hateful, just blunt with their opinions, which everyone is entitled to. Blunt does not equal hatred of someone. Please, take it easy and take your time grieving. Losses are hard, no matter when they happen in pregnancy.
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss. I think you are being very unreasonable.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    KirianaTi said:
    And oh my word...misuse of work property.  The machines should only be used for paying patients that actually know them.  And I'd also be kind of cranky if the machine was broken for my appt because you were fooling around with it.    

I just keep thinking that this wouldn't fly in most jobs...
    It wouldn't shock me if this was a perk. Many industries have different perks for their employees. This is a lame example, but I can print for free at my work.
    I'd take free printing over the free envelopes I get.  They're no fun. Useful, but lame also.  haha
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't worry about what a bunch of people who don't even know you or your situation have to say or think.
  • Options
    Holy hormones!
  • Options
    @ladycersei - have you heard of the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it". There's no need to be tacky.
  • Options

@ladycersei - have you heard of the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it". There's no need to be tacky.

@askelton27‌ : but...^^^ this is not nice at all, right? Why are you posting things like this ^^^ at all? I don't understand why it's ok for you to call someone "tacky" & finger wag for them to be nice-- when you aren't practicing what you preach.

It kind of makes your admonition worthless, you know?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"