Infertility

~~January Precious Penguins Check-in!~~ December 22nd!

edited December 2014 in Infertility
Welcome to the January 2015 Precious Penguins Check-In!!!  Check-ins will be every Monday & Thursday. Your check-in leaders are @SweetieShellieH (Monday) and @emmuffy (Thursday).

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for January. If you are interested in joining, please fill us in on your cycle below.  Please include what cycle number this is for you, where you are in the process, when you expect to start stims, when you're planning on retrieval and transfer, and when your beta day is!  Also, please update us along the way!

For those that don't have it yet, here is the link to our badge https://i57.tinypic.com/8ybc3m.jpg

Below is our list so far. Everyone is welcome, so please let us know if you would like to be added :)

BFP!!!!

BFN (((HUGS)))

PUPO!!!!

Between ER & ET

Stimming

Prep (BCP/Lupron/EPP)

@.Mrs.Matt. IVF #1
@afsalinas IVF#1 FET#1
@apitts2 IVF#2
@bkam IVF#1
@BlueJell0 IVF#1
@browncoatjr IVF#1
@Buttmonkey34 IVF#2 FET#1
@doves654 IVF#1 FET#1
@GoBucksOH IVF#1
@Jetta83306 IVF#3 1st w/ DE
@jro1602 IVF#1
@K1111K IVF#2
@Kcheese IVF#1
@kristin1k IVF#1
@lemonliz IVF#1
@LilyHarper IVF#1 FET#1
@NariaDreaming IVF #1.2
@Mysh IVF#2
@sewfie IVF#1
@shadidynyc IVF#1 FET#1
@SmootiePie IVF#1
@Spring78 IVF#2
@SundayBrunch IVF#1
@tweetyknicks IVF#1 FET#1
@Twinkie0612 IVF#4 FET#1 w/ OE
@vballbaby IVF#1
@ShortStuff IVF#1

Waiting to Cycle (No prep)

@BootsOrHearts IVF#1 FET#1 (fx you won’t move to Feb!)
@Discouraged31 IVF #1 FET#1
@Dyork IVF#1
@emmuffy IVF#2
@lilycakes78 IVF#1 FET#1
@MamaKakes611 IVF#3
@saysjess IVF#1
@SweetieShellieH IVF#1 FET#1
@tbj1 IVF#2
@tifga IVF#1 FET#2
@wcasar IVF #1 FET#1

Cycle Delayed / Cancelled

@crazycatlady4 IVF#1 FET#1 - FET Early February
@Daashuriaa IVF#2 FET#1 - Moving to February
@fizzashaudhary IVF#3 FET#1 - RI Protocol for 2 months
@RG1979 IVF#3 - ER/ET in February

M.I.A. - Let us know how you’re doing!

@Sha259 IVF#1 FET#3?

QOTD: Being the season of baking, what are your favorite holiday treats to bake? (or buy if baking is not your thing)
*** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***

Re: ~~January Precious Penguins Check-in!~~ December 22nd!

• edited December 2014
    Hi ladies!! 

Sorry this was posted later in the day. I've been making sugar cookies for a good part of the day and I am still not done! 

I don't really have much to update on. I don't think I've ovulated yet, so I still have no idea when AF may be coming so I can get this FET cycle started. Hopefully soon so I can still squeeze in my FET into January!

QOTD: Sugar cookies, as you can tell :)
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
  • Hi Penguins!!

I am finishing up week 2 of BCPs and I hate them. Day 14 of my cycle and I am still spotting every freaking day... WTF. Also nauseated, up 2 1/2 lbs and with acne! I thought BCPs got rid of acne? Not for me they don't! Only a couple more weeks to go...

@SweetieShellieH I hope you O soon. C'mon ovaries! ;)

@NariaDreaming I hope the progesterone goes well. I am getting impatient too!

@K1111K I hope that cyst is gone soon!!

QOTD: I usually make sugar cookies because they are yummy and so much fun to decorate. This year I am avoiding flour/gluten and trying to stay low-sugar (sounds awesome, right?) so I made some macadamia nut 'cookies' with dark chocolate & orange zest on top - they turned out really well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Me:35, blocked left tube, RPL, AMA  DH: 34, low morph & borderline count
    TTC since 8/2012
    1st ever BFP 11/4/13 - CP 11/6 @ 4w4d
    12/2013: 50 mg Clomid + trigger + IUI TI + progesterone = BFN (all follies on left side)
    1/2014: 50 mg Clomid + trigger + IUI #1 + progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 14 dpIUI = 51 Beta #2 16 dpIUI = 144 Beta #3 19 dpIUI = 354
    U/S @ 6w1d = empty gestational sac. Heartbroken :( D&C 2/22/14
    ~Mental Health Break~
    6/2014: Clomid + ASA 81 mg + trigger + IUI #2 + progesterone = BFN
    7/2014: Clomid + ASA + trigger + IUI #3 + progesterone = CP
    ~Mental Health Break #2~
    1/2015: IVF #1 - please be our rainbow baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • @bluejell0 - my neck and chest are covered in zits.. I don't remember this being the case when I went on BC years ago! You are not alone :)

I spent most of my morning making phone calls regarding IVF. My new insurance starts January 1, and my nurse wants me to order my meds that day to start them on Jan 2. I think I can make it work, but not without tons of stress and phone calls to make it happen. I'm hoping I can take a couple more days of BCP, but we'll see... Other than that, I am planning on sharing what we're up to with a coworker tomorrow, I'm really just hoping I feel some relief once someone in my office knows.

Happy holidays to everyone!

QOTD: making chocolates/candies... so delicious!
    Married in 2006, TTC since Dec 2012
    Unexplained IF, Hypothyroidism

IUI's 1 - 3: Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI's 4 - 5: Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel = BFN

IVF Jan 2015. 21R/18F/15 still growing on day 2
    Transferred two beautiful embies on day 2, beta 1/29

• Happy Holidays ladies!! On week 3 of my ocp. Will start a new pack in 2
    Days to get me through to January.

As for baking- I love any and all cookies!
  • Had an u/s today which showed 1 follicle that RE thinks is left over from ovulation...so now another week of BCPs & another u/s next Monday.  Hopefully it will be gone by then, because I'd really like to get this going 

QOTD: Mmmmm....I'm not a baker, but sure do like to eat everyone else's goodies!  I love it all.  I don't usually eat a lot of sweets, so I enjoy every minute of it!

Me: (30) HSG/Bloodwork/Ultrasound: All looks good

DH: (30): MFI

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

**********************All Welcome**********************

January 3T Siggy

• I got a tin of cookies from the MIL and I think I ate 7 or 8 today. But they're "small" hehe. Just about to start week 4 of BC (skipping the last row and starting a new pack) to carry me through. I have an appt Jan 2nd for US and BW and if all is well I suppose I'll start stimming that day or close to it. Banging my head against the wall today as I've officially been eaten up and spit out on another thread and regretting that I ever said a word. Lesson learned and I'll just keep reading and learning and keep quiet already because I rather enjoy keeping the peace. For what it's worth I just felt bullied so decided to go to the ends of the earth to try and defend myself, but apparently not actually my point, LOL. Cheers and Merry Christmas to everyone!
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Hey ladies! 

@buttmonkey34 I'm flipping your insurance company the bird. They suck. 

My official status is waiting for AF. My current cycle is totally FUBAR at this point, I think AF is on the way. Hello 17 day cycle. WTAF. I don't even want to tell my RE about this one because she'll say I'm perimenopausal and I know that's not true. When I have truly natural cycles not messed up with medications they are perfectly average and predictable. If my next cycle is back to my normal, that would mean ET around 1/12 and they don't start transfers until 1/13 so I am hoping for a teensy bit of a longer cycle. Please mother nature, and thank you. 

QOTW: I like to bake more than I like to eat, so I give most of what I bake away. As far as I'm concerned the dough is better than the cookies so I nibble on that and by the time the cookies are finished I'm over it. :-D
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Hi ladies,
    May I please join? I am scheduled to have FET at the end of January. I am currently on the second week of BCP and my transfer is scheduled for the week of January 26. 
    Good luck all!

---- Siggy warning ------

Me 34 y/o  DH 35 y/o

IVF#1 (ICSI)-- April 2014-- MDL with BCP, 5R, 4 ICSID, 3dt with three embryos, 1 six-day freeze (2BA grade)-- BFN

IVF#2.1 (ICSI)-- August 2014: MDL without BCP-- cancelled

Natural IUI on 11/8 -- BFN

IVF#2.2 (ICSI)--Nov/Dec 2014: MDL without BCP, 5R, 1 ICSID, frozen on day 6 (grade 2BB)

FET #1: transferred two 5 (or 6?)day embryos on January 27. Beta #1 (2/4): 158, Beta #2 (2/6): 391 Beta #3(2/9): 1187 BFP! 

First u/s at 5w1d showed one gestational sac and yolk sac. Second u/s at 6w showed heartbeat at 102. Third u/s at 7w heart rate 145. EDD 10/15/2015

• LilyHarperLilyHarper member
    edited December 2014
    @Buttmonkey34‌ I'm convinced that anyone who does insurance with IF is told that they have to work half as fast as they would with other claims. @BlueJell0‌ can you send that recipe over? I'm attempting the same food restrictions and sucking mightily at it. @BootsOrHearts‌ I figure we're all due a few breaks at this point, so I think Mother Nature better get her ass in line. ;)

Hey ladies! I took my last bc tonight. Happy to get this show on the road.
    *loss mentioned...billing only*

Also finished dealing with the billing issues from the chromosomal testing from my last mc. Relieved that I don't actually owe the 8k I was originally charged.

QOTD: sugar cookies with mint frosting. Or Mexican wedding cakes. Haven't gotten around to baking this year, but I may need to do that.
    Yup.
  • Hope you don't mind if I join you ladies. We will be doing IVF #1. We have been trying for five years. Two years not really trying and three years really trying. I have endo abd DH has MFI. I'm two days before af should show. Then going on bc pills.

Qotd: sugar cookies. They are the best.
  • Hey Penguins. Since Thurs is Christmas, I may have to do our check in a day or so before or after, since I'm not sure I'll be able to get online. I'll do my best.

AFM, WTF where is AF? I have weird irregular cycles, usually 21-32 days, average 25. Today is day 32. Come on! This is not the time to set new records.

QOTD: sugar cookies, but gingerbread men are also cute. I also make the desserts for our family Christmas party (plum pudding with hard sauce).

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Just chugging along on BCPs.  They decided since our last check-in to give me all the symptoms, including really awesome night sweats every time I sleep.  Also sporting some really cute belly bloat, but probably nothing compared to what I'll have once stims start.

QOTD: I suck so hard at baking, it's actually a bit mind blowing.  But I'll eat everything my mom bakes for the fam this year!!
    Me (28): fine, DH (28): MFI
    Married 6/21/09
    Off BCP and TTC 4/17/11
    BFP #1 (ended in CP) 7/15/11
    Varicocelectomy surgery 9/4/12 - T improved to normal, but still low count

Current Status: Pursuing Jan '15 IVF w/ ICSI
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image    imageimage
  • saysjesssaysjess member
    edited December 2014
    I'm STILL just takin my supplements, waiting for my next RE appointment to start BCP.... Blerg. I'm not naturally a patient person, so this is killing me...

QOTD: I am a terrible baker! But when I attempt it, I'm allllll about the classics-- chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin or shortbread... mmmmmmm :)

Edited: spelling is hard at 6am
    Married since September 2014
    Me: 32, Addison's Disease causing premature ovarian failure
    DH: 32, Testicular cancer survivor
    *Gameday decision** IUI or IVF cycle #1 beginning January '15 postponed to February '15
    Change of plans-- Donor Egg Cycle beginning Dec '15
    Currently we have our little fur-baby Milo to keep us busy! 

• Hey everyone! I am a December cycle reject due ot high estrogen lol. So here I am in the January board if you will have me. I am currently on BCP and should start stims sometime around Jan 10-11-12? I'm guessing ER/ET will be around Jan 22/Jan 27?

This is my first IVF cycle.

I like baking Jewish apple cake. My mom has a killer family recipe that's been in the family for like 20-30 yrs. BUT I did bake some "ninjabread" cookies this wkend (gingerbread men with action ninja-shaped cut outs).

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

• @SweetieShellieH Thanks for running the checkin! Hopefully you ovulate ASAP.

Still on BCP, I start injections first full week of Jan. The waiting, like many of you, is driving me crazy!

As for the question, I love making and eating divinity! 

Married 06/08 started TTC 08/08
    BFP 9/08 Natural m/c (8w3d) 
    BFP 06/09 Natural m.c (5w3d) 
    BFP 9/09 -- Dec. 29th: Juliet Rose born at 20 wks. Love you forever.
    TTC Break 1/10-8/14.
    Results of physical testing = Normal 
    Genetic testing = Balanced translocation
    IVF #1 with PGD Nov 2014 = BFN
    IVF #2 with PGD Start stimming 1/6, ER scheduled 1/16, ET scheduled 1/21 

• Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is doing ok.

@K1111K FX that cyst is gone at your baseline!

@bluejell0 So sorry about your crappy BCP side effects. Hang in there!

@Kcheese Ugh! I'm so sorry that you have to stay on BCP a little longer. I hope you can get this show on the road soon! Waiting, waiting, waiting....I feel like that is all we do.

@vballbaby
    I'm so sorry you had some issues on another thread. I hope you don't let it get to you. You are going through enough right now. I try to stay away from those types of debates on any forum, not because I don't want to stand up for my beliefs, but because I know I will never change someone's mind through the internet and all it does it make me upset and angry for nothing! I'm glad you are a part of this group :)

@emmuffy Hope AF shows up for you soon. She's so annoying! I'm waiting for that "B" too!

Welcome to the new Penguins!

AFM: I'm really hoping a can stay a Penguin! I'm waiting on AF, which is currently 2 days late. Damn surgery screwed things up! There is something happening, but I wouldn't call it Day 1 yet. Once AF arrives I can order my meds and I will get my FET calendar. For now....I drink!

Hope you all have the best holiday! Enjoy time with your family and friends <3

• Hello everyone! I am still just taking BCP's. I have my practice session on 12/30 and they are also going to do a saline sonogram that day, and I start lupron that night. I read through my paperwork last night to get more familiarized with all the meds. I must admit, I am a little surprised they want me to take Xanex the night before and the morning of the ER. Seems like that would be too harsh to be in your system?? But I suppose its possibly less detremental to you than being sick with anxiety :)

QOTW: With everything going on, I have not baked or cooked anything but I have eaten plenty. I went to a Christmas party on Sunday and they had these white chocolate covered Oreo balls that were freakin amazing.

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I missed this check-in yesterday!

I started lupron yesterday and my last BCP is Friday.  I also had my pre-cycle immune blood work yesterday, which took 5 sticks to get 7 vials of blood.  I spent most of the morning getting the blood work done because it required a trip to my clinic to do the send out kit (which I then have to overnight via fedex to my RI's lab) since most labs won't draw blood and let you leave with the vials.  Then I had to stop by Quest to have the rest of the blood work done and the phlebotomist at Quest was super slow.  I think it took her more than 20 minutes just to put the orders in the computer.  At least it is all done though.

I also turned in our consents and paid our balance for the cycle, so this FET is officially a go.  Baseline is a week from today and I start delestrogen January 1st. 

QOTD: I'm not much of a baker, but chocolate chip cookies are my favorite to eat.  Last year I helped my mom make candy for Christmas and it all turned out good, except for our peanut butter fudge.  We made a few batches and none turned out the right consistency.  They either ended up like peanut butter soup or peanut butter rocks.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• @nariadreaming FX progesterone doesn't suck too bad.

@buttmonkey34 Stupid insurance company. They need to get their heads out of their asses and just pay for everything :D

My sympathies to everyone on BCP. They sucked worse for me this cycle than estrace.

I'm on 3x2mg daily of estrace until my lining check on Jan. 2. Then I'll find out if transfer will be Jan. 8 or Jan. 15. PIO starts either Jan. 2 or Jan. 9. My backside is still a bit tender from the last round of PIO... which was in October. DH has an essential tremor, which may not help with the steady hands for PIO injections :-S

QOTD: I haven't had chance to make anything this season because we've had some house construction that messed up the kitchen. I spent my baking time cleaning. If I had time, spritz cookies are some of my favorites. I just like baking, though. I lack people to feed and time to bake.

***siggy warning***

Me: 29; DH: 53
    TTC since February 2013 --- mild thin PCOS (or not, depending on which RE you ask), MFI

TI#1: BFN (April 2014; Clomid 50mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Clomid 50 mg x4 days)
    IUI#1: c/p (May 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x10 days)
    IUI#2: abandoned... O'd early & DH hormone issues (June 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x2 days)
    IUI#2.1: BFN (July 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x4 days)

Moving on to IVF. (Why we're moving on to IVF)

IVF#1 (w/ICSI): BCP 9/9-9/23. Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Low-dose HCG (antagonist protocol). 41R/35M/32F... 2 transferred on 10/14, 14 frosties! On cabergoline to help avoid OHSS. BFN, possibly because of 90% drop in estrogen and progesterone a few days after ET.
    FET#1: Transferring 2 on January 8. BFP! beta#1 (1/17): 408, beta#2 (1/20): 1310, first u/s scheduled 2/5

image    image
  • Buttmonkey34.Mrs.Matt. - Good luck! 

I'm finally getting my meds delivered today. One of the IVF nurses finally called the pharmacy to clear up any misunderstandings. So blood work on Friday to make sure everything is okayto start the Lupron. And I had the meeting with one of the nurses yesterday to go over everything again.I am so thankful the nursing staff is so nice. 

QOTD: I don't really bake, but my mom does, and my favorite is the peanut butter kiss blossom cookies. I'd eat those all day.
  • Hello. I just got my med schedule for this cycle. I am currently on Lupron 20 units through the 27th. On the 28th I decrease Lupron to 5 units and start my antibiotics,Estrace, and Vivelle. This cycle is much different from the other IVFs since I am using donor eggs. Estrace and Vivelle are new for me so I am a bit nervous about that. I always get nervous when I start a med that I've never used before (stupid hypochondria, lol). I am trying to be positive about this cycle, but for some reason I already feel defeated. Ugh. Thankfully DH seems really hopeful so that helps.

QOTD: I'm not much of a baker, but I love Snickerdoodles

All Welcome :)

imageimage

***Losses mentioned***

***TTC since June 2011
    ***DH to see urologist Feb. 2013
    ***BFP #1: Feb. 2nd, 2013; M/C #1: Feb. 12th, 2013 5w3d :'(
    ***1st RE appt. April 10th, 2013
    ***IUIs #1-4 all failed
    ***IVF Consult October 7th, 2013
    ***IVF #1- January 2014: ER 1/20, ET of 2 embryos 1/23, Beta 2/5 *none to freeze*

***Feb 14th, 2014- M/C #2 @ 5w5d :'(

***RPL Bloodwork---- diagnosed with Factor V Leiden and MTHFR

***appt. w/ Genetic Counselor- April 18th

***hysteroscopy/laparoscopy scheduled for May 22nd- looks good

***IVF #2- July 2014

***7/26 Retrieval- 3 eggs :( , 2 fertilized :), none to freeze

***7/28 ET- 2dt of 2 embryos, stick little embies!!!

***8/11 beta- BFN :(

***WTF- DE IVF best option now

***DE IVF- January 2015

imageimage

imageimage

imageMissing my 5 angels

• Hi ladies. I hope everyone is doing well and has a great holiday season! I just got off the phone with the cycle coordinator at our lab to talk about doing PGS. She was a bit taken aback that we were considering new fresh cycle already. She jus kept saying "...but you still have 7 frozen. Maybe you don't have to go through all that again." yeah, maybe after testing some might prove genetically normal.... But we have transferred the 6 "best" quality embryos and have nothing to show for it. What are the chances that the lesser looking 7 will give us our take home baby? We also really want the option of going for a sibling after success, too. What are the odds that those lesser quality embryos will contain not one, but 2 take home babies? I turn 37 soon. My DH wants to bank more embryos before I get any older to give us the best chance at good embryos for now and later. Sure, one may be good (though I am extremely discouraged of that given the circumstances), but then I'd be... What.... 38/39 before I could cycle for #2.... And if I am already having embryo quality issues (particularly trisomies), it certainly isn't going to get better with age. I felt good about our plan, but that lady is now making me second guess everything. So stressful!! I hate always having such conversations over the phone when I am at work and not when DH is with me or part of the conversation. Anyway... QOTD: I guess my favorites are iced sugar cookies. We use my Great-great grandmother's Pennsylvania Dutch recipe. It makes enough to feed a small army, but they are yummy and I like that it is carrying on a long family tradition. :

*************Siggy Warning. Loss mentioned.************

Me: 36, DH:37

Married 4/2010, TTC since 7/2011

Dx: Officially Unexplained (I have Polycystic Ovaries diagnosed via ultrasound, but few classic PCOS symptoms, he has mild MF issues. So... not issue free, but nothing so severe as to explain IF)

I also deal with post-surgical Hypothyroidism following Thyroid Cancer in 2009, but under control with Levothyroxine

4 months Clomid (thinned lining) and 10 months Letrozole (every indication that I responded perfectly)

6 failed IUIs in 2013, 3 with trigger

IVF #1 in March 2014

ER 3/21/14, 31R/21F, 12 frosties!

ET 3/26/14, 1 perfect blast transferred: BFN

FET#1 5/28/14, 2 "beautiful" early blasts transferred. BFP!!

Beta #1 (6/11/14) 798; Beta #2 (6/18/14) 7,966.

1st u/s (6/25/14) showed 2 sacs, 1 empty & 1 with a beautiful little bean doing what it needs to do!

EDD 2/14/15, missed miscarriage, DX: Trisomy 21. D&C 8/1/14

FET#2 Transferred 3 embies, 2 looking pretty good, one not so much. BFN.

IVF#2 January 2015, tentative ER 1/23

• Waiting to start Lupron Christmas day. Still on bcps. Qotd: I love baking cupcakes and then giving them away.
    ***Siggy Warning***

imageimage
    Anniversary

Started TTC June 2011Cycles #1-10 = BFNCycle #11: 100 mg Clomid + TI =BFNReferred to RE March 2012HSG all clear, FSH = 13, Prolactin = 28, S/A = greatApril 2012 MRI to check for brain tumor due to elevated Prolactin = clearJune 2012 Hysteroscopy to remove uterine polyps and partial septateJuly 2012 IUI #1 7/7/12 = BFNAugust 2012 IUI #2.1 Cancelled due to early/missed ovulation = BFNSeptember 2012 Forced break due to one huge cyst October 2012 IUI #2.2 = BFNNovember 2012 Begin BCPs for IVF #1December 2012 IVF #1 = Delayed due to cyst. Start stims 12/22January 2013 ER: 1/2, 14R, 10M, 9FET: 1/7 Transferred 1 "Perfect" blast! 4 frosties!Beta #1: 99 BFP! #2: 227 #3: 584 #4: 3,020Baby Boy born September 25, 2013

TTC #2
    November 2014 - Begin BCPs
    December 2014 - Start Lupron 12/25
    January 2015 - FET #1

*Everyone Welcome*

• Spring78 said:
    Hi ladies. I hope everyone is doing well and has a great holiday season! I just got off the phone with the cycle coordinator at our lab to talk about doing PGS. She was a bit taken aback that we were considering new fresh cycle already. She jus kept saying "...but you still have 7 frozen. Maybe you don't have to go through all that again." yeah, maybe after testing some might prove genetically normal.... But we have transferred the 6 "best" quality embryos and have nothing to show for it. What are the chances that the lesser looking 7 will give us our take home baby? We also really want the option of going for a sibling after success, too. What are the odds that those lesser quality embryos will contain not one, but 2 take home babies? I turn 37 soon. My DH wants to bank more embryos before I get any older to give us the best chance at good embryos for now and later. Sure, one may be good (though I am extremely discouraged of that given the circumstances), but then I'd be... What.... 38/39 before I could cycle for #2.... And if I am already having embryo quality issues (particularly trisomies), it certainly isn't going to get better with age. I felt good about our plan, but that lady is now making me second guess everything. So stressful!! I hate always having such conversations over the phone when I am at work and not when DH is with me or part of the conversation. Anyway... QOTD: I guess my favorites are iced sugar cookies. We use my Great-great grandmother's Pennsylvania Dutch recipe. It makes enough to feed a small army, but they are yummy and I like that it is carrying on a long family tradition. :

For what it's worth, I think you and you DH have the right idea. Don't let someone else make you second guess your decision.
    ***Siggy Warning***

imageimage
    Anniversary

Started TTC June 2011Cycles #1-10 = BFNCycle #11: 100 mg Clomid + TI =BFNReferred to RE March 2012HSG all clear, FSH = 13, Prolactin = 28, S/A = greatApril 2012 MRI to check for brain tumor due to elevated Prolactin = clearJune 2012 Hysteroscopy to remove uterine polyps and partial septateJuly 2012 IUI #1 7/7/12 = BFNAugust 2012 IUI #2.1 Cancelled due to early/missed ovulation = BFNSeptember 2012 Forced break due to one huge cyst October 2012 IUI #2.2 = BFNNovember 2012 Begin BCPs for IVF #1December 2012 IVF #1 = Delayed due to cyst. Start stims 12/22January 2013 ER: 1/2, 14R, 10M, 9FET: 1/7 Transferred 1 "Perfect" blast! 4 frosties!Beta #1: 99 BFP! #2: 227 #3: 584 #4: 3,020Baby Boy born September 25, 2013

TTC #2
    November 2014 - Begin BCPs
    December 2014 - Start Lupron 12/25
    January 2015 - FET #1

*Everyone Welcome*

• So we never got the biopsy results in time and my period has stopped so we have to decide if we are going to start the estrace tonight or not. Blargh I really wanted those results. I am not sure what husband wants to do but it seems to me the whole "well give you a couple extra days of progesterone" doesn't seem very scientific. 

Happy last night of Hanukkah!

QOTW: I don't do as much baking since going gluten free but I did make so fairly awesome gingerbread donuts for the first night of Hanukkah. I am also thinking of making a trifle to take to my inlaws for chirstmas. 
    me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lilycakes78 thank you for the kind words...I think I've learned my lesson ;)@lilyharper whew on not owing the $8K! That's just in time for Christmas... @afsalinas will you do the PGD testing? We looked into with our clinic and it's another $5-$6K which sucks. They recommended we just take our chances with the first round, which still makes me kind of nervous because of my age. Hoping for the best for everyone! I'm kind of still dreading starting stimms on Jan 2nd since I won't be able to do much except for walk during the month and getting plumper by the day. I haven't enjoyed already gaining about 11 lbs between my IUI last month and starting the pill! Some of it's my own fault though, as I've been eating a lot of cookies!
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• @ShortStuff‌ "you smell like cake" sounds like a pickup line. ;)
    Yup.
  • Haha, I guess I'm not alone with the BCP side effects. :) Good to know, misery loves company, right? ;)

@swyatt2014 I love the idea of ninjabread cookies! That is awesome, I am stealing it ;)
    Me:35, blocked left tube, RPL, AMA  DH: 34, low morph & borderline count
    TTC since 8/2012
    1st ever BFP 11/4/13 - CP 11/6 @ 4w4d
    12/2013: 50 mg Clomid + trigger + IUI TI + progesterone = BFN (all follies on left side)
    1/2014: 50 mg Clomid + trigger + IUI #1 + progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 14 dpIUI = 51 Beta #2 16 dpIUI = 144 Beta #3 19 dpIUI = 354
    U/S @ 6w1d = empty gestational sac. Heartbroken :( D&C 2/22/14
    ~Mental Health Break~
    6/2014: Clomid + ASA 81 mg + trigger + IUI #2 + progesterone = BFN
    7/2014: Clomid + ASA + trigger + IUI #3 + progesterone = CP
    ~Mental Health Break #2~
    1/2015: IVF #1 - please be our rainbow baby!
  • I take my last bcp and my meds are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Nothing else is new, just getting more and more anxious about it all.

QOTW: I'm planning to bake some chocolate chip pumpkin bread tomorrow morning, from a mix. And I want to figure out a good dessert to go with the Glühwein I'm going to make on Christmas.

****Loss in Sig****
    3T Sig Challenge: New Year's Resolutions

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Marie Curie

Married 2010, together since 2006. TTC for #1 since March 2012, actively charting since November 2013
    March 2014 - HSG left tube blocked, right tube partially blocked bilaterial partial obstruction; onward to the RE in April
    May 1, 2014 - Lap surgery and chromopertubation; Dr removed a bit of endo, but everything looks healthy & tubes are clear!
    May 2014- First medicated cycle, 2.5mg femara+TI; BFN
    June 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI
    on 6/18= BFP on 6/28!; C/P on 7/3
    July 2014- 2.5mg femara + IUI #2 on 7/18. Starting progesterone 7/23, bfn
    August 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI # 3 on 8/15. BFN
    Tx break
    IVF #1 -
    12/1 - TOT & SIS- RE found a polyp
    12/15 - Hysterscopic surgery to remove the polyp; additional polyps found and removed

12/29- Good baseline u/s, 12 antral follies
    12/30- Started stimming
    1/10 - ER: 17 retrieved, 14 fertilized!
      My Ovulation Chart - No data,  just meds
  • blisskblissk member
    edited December 2014
  • tbj1tbj1 member
    edited December 2014
    Hi Ladies!

Nothing new to report here. 

QOTD: I am not much of a baker but love making chocolate chip brownies.

• Ahh!! Sorry I have been completely MIA!! I was on vaca and completely denetworked until just now.

Not sure if I will be a penguin though, as need to wait for my next cycle, and that wont likely be until Mid Jan at the earliest. But if this FET will be anything like the last, it will be full steam ahead from there. So I'm technically still TBD.

GL to all those who have already started prepping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"