August 2014 Moms

How is your physical health?

DH and I were chatting yesterday about the new year and goals...esp. working out for both of us. I realized that I would say I don't really feel great probably 50% of the time at least. I am dealing w headaches, nausea on and off if I don't manage my eating correctly, general tiredness (thank you sleep regression), my hips hurt, my digestive system is not back to normal, and my hemorrhoid from hell is a huge problem. LO is 18.5 weeks. All this has really made me not motivated to exercise and make bad eating choices which I am sure makes things worse. How is everyone doing? STMs how long did it take you to feel "normal" again? Trying to decide what is just recovery and adjustment or if I need a Dr's visit. Emotionally I feel great...but physically is another story.

Re: How is your physical health?

• Physically doing okay now that I am recovered from the C-section and my feet have returned to normal size.  My body however is not back to where it was and probably won't be for a while.  With my first, I didn't try very hard to lose weight until he was a year old and I wasn't nursing anymore.  My body seems to be right back where it was last time and I have extra weight to lose.  It hasn't budged since the first month pp.  I'm guessing it is partly my not as great food choices mixed with my body holding on to extra weight while breastfeeding.  I am going to work on making better choices but I'm guessing I won't really be able to get back until I can start restricting my calories significantly without tanking my supply. 
  • Physically I'm ok. Today is a good day compared to the days I've had recently. I started on a new med and I've started drinking more water. It's been a rough road but it's slowly getting better. My hips hurt and i feel tired all the time.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with you OP, emotionally I feel back to normal but physically I need to work on.

My body hurts in a whole different way from when I was pregnant but it's on a daily basis. I know exercising would help my head, back and hips feel better but I'm sooo tired all the time, and when I'm not I get chores done. Im really hoping his sleeping gets better or maybe once the weather starts warming up a bit I will go back to walking and then the gym. Also I'm looking into a chiro because it's just that bad sometimes.

As far as eating, my hunger and cravings are out of control! And I do need to start changing my food choices and stocking the pantry and fridge with healthier choices and keep the "bad" stuff out. Picking out holiday outfits has motivated me a bit to get to it, I'm 15lbs away from pre pregnancy weight but I know it's more about toning for me than just losing lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel like being pregnant and/or nursing constantly from Feb 2010 has caught up to me.  I feel like my body is out of reserves (other than fat).  I need to get on a good vitamin and make better food choices.  I feel like starting additional exercise without that will just dig the hole deeper, for now.
  • I feel pretty good, although I miss exercise which has always been a big stress reliever for me. Due to complications with my pregnancy I had an exercise restriction and am nervous to start up again while nursing. Definitely looking forward to starting that up again soon. My eating has been good and I take my vitamin as well as calcium/vitamin D, and an omega.

I have mysterious bruises that keep appearing on my thighs, I have had 2-5 on each leg for the past month. Planning to make an appointment for my physical soon and will see what they say.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Laur110 said:

I feel pretty good, although I miss exercise which has always been a big stress reliever for me. Due to complications with my pregnancy I had an exercise restriction and am nervous to start up again while nursing. Definitely looking forward to starting that up again soon. My eating has been good and I take my vitamin as well as calcium/vitamin D, and an omega.

I have mysterious bruises that keep appearing on my thighs, I have had 2-5 on each leg for the past month. Planning to make an appointment for my physical soon and will see what they say.
    Could your bruises be from carrying the car seat? Took me a while to figure out that was the cause of my bruising!
  • I feel great, except I do get the occasional headachy feeling when breast feeding. Aside from that I get DH to watch the baby for an hour 4x a week so I can go work out. It's hard because I feel so tired, especially after particularly challenging days, but I force myself to go and within 15 min after getting there I'm so glad I did. without working out I wouldn't have gotten back to my pp weight nearly as fast.
  • I am still trying to shake the end of this cold from hell. I feel really weak, tired, out of it. Just not myself. I'm dropping weight and hair like it's going out of style. I'm eating tons and balanced but still feel off. I know that things would probably improve if I stopped breastfeeding but I'm not ready to do that yet.

• I'm must confess I am truly confused about how I "feel".  I'm almost 20lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight; everyone keeps telling me how wonderful I look.  Well GREAT, but I kind of feel like s*%$ most of the time.  I'm allergic to seafood now, have a rash (small itchy bumps) on my arms, legs, and truck that neither my regular Dr. my OB nor my allergist know what is causing it, and I have an enlarged thyroid that I've been getting all kinds of tests on since about 1 month pp.  And different foods make me spontaneously and violently ill (hence the weight loss), so I'm virtually scared to eat most foods.

I was overweight before I got pregnant so I'm very happy to have lost so much weight, but I feel like I'm falling apart and no one can figure out what is wrong with me.

• Eh, ok. It took me seven months to lose the baby weight with DS. I did not work out with him, and haven't with DD either. I still have about 10 lbs to go. I know I "should" work out, but I don't. It still took a few months after that for my thighs/ribs to go back to how they were pre-pregnancy.

I've been dealing with nausea and headaches that is probably from breastfeeding. I remember the headaches with DS, but not the nausea. I've been trying to eat more protein to see if that helps, but every few days it's back.

I'm tired too, but that's life with kids. DD only gets up once at night, which is great and I'm not complaining about that. I just don't sleep well most nights. I wake up a lot on my own for whatever reason.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I'm okay. I feel tired and sluggish every day but LO is a terrible sleeper. I still have a lot of the same food aversions I did during pregnancy and sometimes I get nauseous.

Hopefully, we all get back to normal soon! Although, with DD1 it took about a year before I was completely myself again.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it took about nine months to physically feel "normal" again after DD. I had back/hip injuries from long distance running that flared up again while I was pregnant and took several months post-partum to go away. I also had extra pregnancy weight I was carrying around so I just felt gross in general.

This time, I felt "normal" again after a month. I exercised consistently throughout my pregnancy so I was in much better shape this time. It was easier to bounce back. I also did placenta encapsulation which I think also sped up my recovery process.

@Elaina22, lightbulb moment :)  I have terrible bruising on the sides of both of my thighs. I have been trying to figure out how I got them for weeks. It didn't occur to me until reading your post that they were from the carseat.

• Like I said in my other thread, I've been experiencing chronic abdominal pain. I get it in my upper belly wall when I bounce the baby on the exercise ball, and I get it in my pelvic floor when I pee. It's weird. I'm also experiencing a lot of back pain, upper and lower, but I think that's probably a result of the bouncing as well. 

Mentally, I feel pretty good. I obviously have moments of frustration, especially when I'm tired, and a little bit more frequently now that she's more alert and requires more of my constant attention, but I'm good overall. 

Otherwise, I sweat more than I used to and I'm still losing lots of hair (I legit have a receding hairline now). 
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Like pp, I am in a better place emotionally with less anxiety even though I'm going back to work next week. Physically, I'm still kinda a mess. Ten lbs to go to get to pre-preg weight, but I have had two flare ups with an old shoulder injury that makes me scared to really work out. Also ebf and don't want to negatively impact supply. Hoping to make better food choices when I start work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"