3rd Trimester

Frequent Braxton Hicks

HI all,

I am 33 weeks pregnant and having about 5 BH contractions per hour.  Before you ask, I did advise my doctor of this at the fu last week and he said to call if I had more than 5.  Since then, I have had a few times where there have been 6 per hour, but I primarily stay at about 5.  I have not called the doctor because it has been this way for a week.  I drink PLENTY of water, have not changed my diet, and have not had sex since the contractions have started.  They did check last week and I do not have a bladder infection.  He didn't talk much about why i am having suck frequent BH.  SO, I am reaching out to you all.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Anyone know what these could mean (if anything)?  This is my first pregnancy and I think I am doing quite well to not freak out over everything, I just want to make sure I am not brushing this under the rug when I should be calling.

THanks in advance.

Re: Frequent Braxton Hicks

• This is my 4th pregnancy but the first time I am having them constantly. (Didn't have them with my other pregnancies ). Someone mentioned before that they had irritable uterus that caused them. If I am in a car long I find that brings them on the rest of the day.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Thanks for the responses.  Seeing as they have been like this for over a week, I will plan on waiting until our appointment in 5 days and probably ask him to "check me" just in case.  Other than that, Ill only call if the get worse. I have to say, I am starting to understand when women say they are ready to get the baby out.  Im all about him staying put until my due date, but I am ready to not be so tired and uncomfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have them constantly from 5pm on every day.  My last pregnancy, they started at 12 weeks and never stopped as long as I was moving, which was always.  I'm not saying don't follow your doctor's advice.  If he told you to inform him, then do that, but some people do just have a lot of BH contractions.
    I had them throughtout most of my first pregnancy. they actually start around 6 weeks, but a lot of women never even feel them (or at least not until much later in the pregnancy). I haven't had any this time (so far).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I have been having the same issue. With back pain. I had an appointment yesterday with my midwife. She was sympathetic but she said unless they are getting worse or consistent then it's really unfortunately just a part of pregnancy this far in(I'm 33 weeks) se said to make sure to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day and if I'm laying down to change positions. She didn't seem worried unless it was accompanied by blood or I thought my water broke.
  • The exact same thing is happening to me. Im 32w and I actually went to the hospital last week bc I had 11 BH contractions in an hour. They kept me on the moniters for a few hours and then sent me home bc I was only a fingertip dialated and wasnt progressing. I drink as much water as I possibly can and already on bedrest so I'm not sure what to do. I feel bad calling the dr all the time bc theres nothing they can do and I feel like I'm just wasting their time. I hope everything goes well for you!!!
  • Huh. I wouldn't even bat an eye at painless BH. I went in for painful contractions a few weeks ago (they had stopped by the time I went in) and I was having BH every 2 min on the monitor. So it was 30 an hour? No one cared - they just made sure I had no pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"