April 2014 Moms

Sunday Funday Chatter

13»

Re: Sunday Funday Chatter

• i swear i am going to kill my MIL.
    i understand that she is lonely but she doesnt need to wake the baby up every fucking time i try to get her down for a nap
    i now have a super cranky screaming overtired baby that wont fall back asleep after being woken up 6 times today. i have just put her in her crib and letting her cry for alittle bit before i loose it.
    of course this is DHs guys night and he wont be home for hours
  • Loading the player...
  • i am trying to be compassionate since she lost her husband but my sanity and my baby come first in my priorities and if she cant respect that, there are going to be some major problems really soon. i hate to put DH in a bad position but if he cant get his mom to understand that we are not responsible for her happiness and daily entertainment then i think i am going to my moms until dh can get his mom into assisted living (however long that takes)

i put signs on the door that the baby is sleeping. i go tell that i am putting the baby down. then 10 minutes later she knocks on the door or just barges in the room to ask me how to turn on her tv or if she feed her dog or when DH is going to be home. i know she needs help but i cant be the caregiver for my daughter and a woman i dont even like
  • @poru she has something we just dont know what because she refuses to see a doctor. she says nothing is wrong and that we are treatingher like a child when we suggest that she see a doctor
  • @mrsstanton87 pretty much, bored lonely depressed
  • @vinny424
    oh we do. today alone we went out for breakfast, went to the grocery store, went to my stepdads moms for dinner, she even came in our room to play with the baby for over an hour. we do tons with her but she cant seem to give us any space. but her late husband and her were always attached at the hip so she doesnt know how to function by herself (not to speak ill, but dhs dad was a controling manipulative ass)

i am just at my breaking point of not having any time to myself with or without DD. I wish I could leave DD with my MIL which would give her company and something to do but I dont feel comfortable doing that because of her memory issues. will she feed her? will she put her down somewhere and forget she is watching her and wander off??
  • Will have to get DH to look into that. MIL does not have any friends. I dont think she was allowed to ? just a very shitty situation
  • Asheebeth said:

Scariest night of my life yesterday. Baby girl spiked a fever and started shaking ( they called them
    Rigors) and not focusing so we had our first amulance ride to children's and after some testing she has a UTI. Why is having kids so dang scary?!?

Here's her after all her tests at like 2 in the morning. She was not a happy camper. But she sure did charm everyone. She got a bear from the paramedics and the white bear from the ER nurses.

How scary!!! Hope she's feeling better! (And you, too)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So scary @Asheebeth‌, hope she's feeling better soon.

@lokimau‌ I'm sorry that you're dealing with all this, I love PPs' suggestions though. Does she sew/knit/scrapbook/paint/needlepoint...? Maybe you could help her come up with a project in memory of her husband or to give DD? That way it would keep her busy and also be meaningful which should help focus her.
  • Man that sounds scary @asheebeth!!! Hoping that LO makes a speedy recovery and that you both get some r+r. 

@lokimau- you've had so much to deal with! This sounds like a really difficult and frustrating situation and I'm sending t+p that you and DH can figure out a good solution to help MIL. 
  • @lokimau I hope you are able to find some care for her. Thinking of you.

@Asheebeth glad LO is ok, I would have been so freaked out!
  • @vinny424
    oh we do. today alone we went out for breakfast, went to the grocery store, went to my stepdads moms for dinner, she even came in our room to play with the baby for over an hour. we do tons with her but she cant seem to give us any space. but her late husband and her were always attached at the hip so she doesnt know how to function by herself (not to speak ill, but dhs dad was a controling manipulative ass)

i am just at my breaking point of not having any time to myself with or without DD. I wish I could leave DD with my MIL which would give her company and something to do but I dont feel comfortable doing that because of her memory issues. will she feed her? will she put her down somewhere and forget she is watching her and wander off??
    Adult day care if she's not high functioning enough for a senior center - maybe see what her insurance will cover? If you can get her qualified for Medicaid, that opens up tons of services. Some areas have cost share programs for senior services for people whose income is too high for Medicaid. The local board of social services should be able to help figure it out. Also, if I were you, I'd push YH and his family on getting medical and financial POAs set up. Dementia can lead to awful scenarios when no one in the family can step in and make decisions. And once someone has that, they can just take her to the doctor. If you are basically being her caregiver, take care of yourself too! There are family support groups, and maybe they could hook you up with respite care - a volunteer to do something with your MIL every now and again and give you a break? Big hugs! Dementia is just so, so hard on families. I wish I could help more!
    we want to get the medicaid stuff done and see what can be covered but we need to get her to a doctor first for a diagnoses which she refuses to do/ DH has POA but he doesnt want to force her. It is his mother and i guess he feels bad pushing her.
    Thank for just letting me vent it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"