Hawaii Babies
Options

Relocating to Oahu in June

Hi there Ladies!

DH, DD, and I will be relocating to Oahu in June and I'm looking for any advice, tips, etc you can give me :)

I'm excited but really terrified at the same time!

Re: Relocating to Oahu in June

• Options
    Congrats!!! Do you know where you'll be living are you a military fam? How far along are you?

I'm not sure what kind of advice you'd like but I'd love to help give advice. I'm just shy of 11 weeks due midAugust and living right outside Waikiki!

Good luck with the move... You'll love it here!
    Kristen
    Married: May 7th, 2010
    Our Pregnancy/Baby Planning Blog Our Wedding Planning Blog Coming Soon, Baby K!!
  • Options
    where will you be living? I'm here on the east side of the island and am 19 weeks along!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    are you from South Bend? My husband and I are from the area! We moved to Oahu 6wks ago! We have a little girl that will turn 4 in May and I just found out we are expecting! I have plenty of info for you!  What is bringing you to the island?
  • Options
    Marie0812Marie0812 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm relocating this June.
    Looking for any tips/tricks/advice as well. Mostly, great places to live (that allow pets) and the places-to-be with baby.
  • Options
    Just dropping in.  We currently live in NJ. We both have good jobs. We are thinking of possibly relocating  within the next 2 or so years. I would like your input on Hawaii in general as far as cost of living and pay ratio.   We are both originally from the caribbean and long for warmer climate, low cost of living, affordable housing, good pay and great schools. I am a speech-language pathologist in the schools and my husband is a supervisor at our local cable company.  Any advice? TIA
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Bumping!

Things happened and the move got postponed...we are now leaving here 9/29 for our great adventure :)

I have a job but no place to live yet, we'll be in a hotel for the time being.  Right now, I've been packing and trying to coordinate shipping.  Too much to do!

Anyway, if anyone has any tips, I could sure use them!

• Options
    Born and raised on Oahu, Hawaii! Currently living on the Windward side. Cost of living here is insane, but wouldn't think of moving any where else. Please let me know if you have any questions, or need info/advice. I'm a SAHM with a 2yr old and expecting #2 in March.
  • Options
    KD32412 said:

Born and raised on Oahu, Hawaii! Currently living on the Windward side. Cost of living here is insane, but wouldn't think of moving any where else. Please let me know if you have any questions, or need info/advice. I'm a SAHM with a 2yr old and expecting #2 in March.

We're here!

We ended up in kaimuki and we love it! Now we are trying to find a preschool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"