August 2014 Moms

Worst night! AW

I've been MIA the past couple of days, because we've been out of the state visiting family.  It's an eight hour drive, so we decided to drive home overnight while LO was sleeping. 

I've got an adorable pet sugar glider, but he escaped from his cage without us noticing.  About an hour into the trip, LO lets out the most terrifying scream I've ever heard.  It was worse than getting his shots.  My husband started getting off the highway the second it started, no "what are we going to do now" discussion or anything.  Turns out the glider jumped onto his face, scratching up his cheek.  No blood, but LO was so scared he could not stop screaming for about 15 minutes.  I felt so awful.  That is probably the worst thing that's ever happened to him.

Then around midnight, my husband got food poisoning and had to pull over to throw up.  I can't drive a manual transmission, so for the next three hours, we had to stop every 45 minutes or so for him to throw up, then keep driving.  I felt so bad for him.

We are so exhausted, but LO is up and needing attention...I am drinking SO MUCH COFFEE.  We will be trading off naps all day!  I'm taking the first couple shifts though, since DH is still not feeling well.

Are there any other holiday travel horror stories out there?
August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Worst night! AW

• Oh wow! That is a horrendous night! I hope you get some good naps in and your husband starts feeling better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry!! I hope your husband feels better soon! Glad you can take today to rest and nap.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness that's a bad night! I'm so sorry, try to rest as much as you can
  • Sounds terrible! We are home visiting for christmas and LO had her baptism today. She was asleep in her car seat when we arrived to church so we didn't take her out and disturb her. Apparently that was the wrong thing to do according to my MILs mom, she refused to be in all pictures because we didn't take her out and properly greet her. Get over yourself.
  • Omg trip from hell! If you can survive that though! Hope things settle down :-)
  • @hersheymolly, that's ridiculous!  What a weird reaction.  You'd think people would understand letting a baby sleep.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That sounds terrible. So sorry you had to go through that :( I sure hope you both get the well deserved rest you need and your hubby starts to feel better.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"