High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Any moms have an Aminocentisis?

In 3 weeks I am going for an amnio that will make me 32 wks and 4dys. Im very nervous. I dont know if I will be able to be still for it and Im honestly wanting to ask if they can knock me out some how. When I get nervous and very worried I tend to have sweats that lead to black outs that lead to me waking up vomiting everywhere. If it wasnt needed then I wouldnt be getting one. I just would like to know how other mommas got through it

Re: Any moms have an Aminocentisis?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That makes me relax a little bit. It still seems like a scary procedure
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one and it really wasn't bad. I barely felt anything at all and they make sure that baby is far away from insertion. It was super quick and the results were SO worth it.

I'm sure you'll do fine! :)
  • Options
    I had 2 amnios with my first pregnancy and everything turned out fine. Remember the docs have to tell you every angle from good to bad. It is scary but my doc explained every step hopefully hearing my story makes you feel a little better.
  • Options
    I had an amnio around 24 weeks with my 3rd baby: i read so many stories about it not being so bad that I think I relaxed too much and it was a little more traumatizing for me than i expected. So just wanted to throw that side out there too. It was NOT a "huge scary needle coming at my belly" the way I thought it would be, but all the sterilizing and the gloves and stuff made me feel like I was going in for surgery or a csection and it rattled me some. Also I was sore for a few days which I did not expect. But overall it did not cause bleeding or a miscarriage or anything scary like that so I am glad I had it done as it gave us much needed info on our baby. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"