December 2014 Moms

Fit Friday

Hey everyone! How's everyone doing? Any successes? Struggles? I know it's especially tough for those with newborns who aren't getting much sleep to find the energy.

Well I can officially say this will be my last Fit Friday post with an inside baby! I'm 6 days overdue today and been to the gym everyday this week except yesterday, when it was closed for Christmas.  I'm going today and might also go for a walk with DD later on since it's so warm out. At this point I think the other members are afraid I am going to have the baby at the gym. I'm still going to go to kickboxing tomorrow and Zumba on Sunday, and then my induction is on Monday.

I have to say I can't believe with the amount I've been working out that this baby still won't come out, but I guess I just make really stubborn kids.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Fit Friday

• @colliebabe I hope all this working out pays off during labor. :)

We took LO in the stroller for a walk around the block yesterday. That's my first "exercise" since she was born 6 days ago. I may try to do some very very very light rowing today.
    DD born December 2014!
  • Two days overdue. Going to the gym today (walking up there, actually, it's 1.5 miles each way). I've been every day except Christmas for the past two weeks, and still nothing! At least it's helped keep my weight gain in check. Getting induced Tuesday if nothing happens :(
  • Loading the player...
  • @colliebabe - I'm SO impressed that you're still moving that well at 41 weeks! I worked out my last week, but it sure was exhausting! I'll tell you, if you're going for a vaginal birth, you're well set up for it. I, unfortunately, had to push 3 hours, and it was the hardest workout of my life!

Four weeks postpartum now, and I'm finally starting to feel like myself. I'm doing squats a lot of days and ab workouts most days. I made it back to my spin class on Monday -- my first cardio workout since labor. I'll be back to spin tomorrow too. I'm looking forward to getting back to my old shape...or some semblance of it!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Keep it up, ladies! I was 1 week overdue when I went into labor. I kept up with working out up until the day I went into labor, and I had a really smooth labor and delivery if that counts for anything! I was in active labor for only about an hour and while it was hard, I felt I had a lot of energy every time it was time to push. Baby girl is now 1 week old so I haven't gotten back to working out yet, just focusing on recovering :) Good luck to all of you with inside babies!! 
  • @Apsalartoll - congrats on your little one!  That is great that you are feeling good enough to go walking so soon. I'm hoping the same happens for me!

@Sarahls24 - I totally know how you feel! I'm hoping the exercise at least helps with labor/delivery and recovery for us.

@LinzLoo09 - That is great that you've been doing so much! Let us know how the spin class goes. Are you nervous about sitting on the bike? I am sure you will be fine cardio-wise - I'd just be nervous my vag would hurt lol.

@Serunatu - Congrats on your little one! I hope my labor is quick like yours! :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Way to go @colliebabe! I'm two weeks pp today and so looking forward to being cleared to get back to the gym.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • My goal is to be apart of this after baby is here. My ass really needs to get in shape. I've never been to the gym... I know gasp...
  • @colliebabe Good luck tomorrow during your induction!! I'm 11 days post c-section so I'm happy to just be walking around and doing some daily activities. I'm looking forward to getting cleared to go back to exercising in a few weeks, but for now I'm happy to be recovering and taking care of us. 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"