August 2014 Moms
Options

Neck rash - Sorry for the repeat

I can't find the thread where this was discussed a while back. LO has a horrible neck rash from spitting up and drooling. Anyone have any remedies? Aquaphor isn't cutting it for some reason.

Re: Neck rash - Sorry for the repeat

• Options
    Crisco. Sounds weird but my pedi recommended it. Also, wash with water and try to let it have dry time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Coconut oil for sure. Also has anti microbial properties so it helps with the "your neck folds smell like something crawled in there and died" part.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dvmmomma‌ Where can you buy coconut oil?
  • Options
    I get mine at trader joes but I'm pretty sure target has it now too. It's hard and sold in a glass jar. Not really oily until you rub it on skin.
  • Options
    What section of the store? Pharmacy or baking?
  • Options
    Great. Maybe I can slather her with funfetti frosting too.
  • Options
    You can get coconut oil at pretty much and grocery store in the same aisle as the other oils. It will look solid but it turns liquid when warmed
  • Options
    I love how a thread about neck funk has turned into a food discussion.
  • Options
    Haha! My pedi joked that you shouldn't use the butter flavored Crisco or you'd want to lick his cheeks all day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use dribble bibs to keep the spit from getting into her neck creases. It has really cut down the irritation she was experiencing!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:

We use dribble bibs to keep the spit from getting into her neck creases. It has really cut down the irritation she was experiencing!

I'm totally looking these up.

• Options
    Dawn5481 said:

Joy1192 said:

I'm totally looking these up.

I bought mine from Zippy bibs. You can order them on Amazon too. I find that they are pretty absorbent and better than changing her outfit ten times a day.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I read somewhere else to use nipple cream. We tried it last night on chin and cheeks after he was SUPER chapped from being in dry CO for the holidays + constant drooling and it helped a ton! Will definitely do it for the next few nights. Plus, it's totally safe if they ingest a little bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"