July 2014 Moms

Bed-sharing question.

Those of you who bed-share, what do you do if your lo's bedtime is before yours?

Dd's bedtime is 7, I usually don't go to bed until 9:30. I've been putting her in the crib but getting her to sleep is at least an hour long battle each night. If I were to go to bed with her she'd likely fall asleep right away but I cannot go to bed at 7.

Any thoughts or experiences you can share?
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bed-sharing question.

• I go to bed when she does and then once she's asleep I just grab my laptop and do work or watch netflix or something to wind down myself. But she gets to bed closer to 8:30 because 8:00 is her last big meal of the day.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I lie down with DS and get up after he falls asleep to finish chores, take a shower, or whatever else I need to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I nurse my baby to sleep, and then put her into get bassinet. When she wakes up again I'm usually ready for bed anyways, and I'll just bring her into bed with us.
  • We haven't started an earlier bedtime routine yet. LO is 5 months. We may look to start something of an earlier schedule in a couple months. Right now she goes to sleep when we do, around 10:30. Granted she usually naps from 7:30-9.
  • I just put her in the middle of the bed and surround her with pillows. She doesn't move in her sleep and she hates being on her stomach so she doesn't roll over. But I'm usually watching tv in the next room over and can hear her if she wakes up
  • We nurse to sleep, and once she's asleep I sneak out to finish chores or watch tv. We have a king size bed and I Nurse her in the middle so once she's asleep she won't roll out. She goes down about 6:30 and I wait until she wants to nurse again before heading to bed myself which is usually about 9:30 or so.
  • mamakiss said:

I just put her in the middle of the bed and surround her with pillows. She doesn't move in her sleep and she hates being on her stomach so she doesn't roll over. But I'm usually watching tv in the next room over and can hear her if she wakes up

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"