August 2014 Moms
Options

Swim time pls don't think I am cruel

so we hv been traveling in Asia for the past 2 wks and hv 1 more week to go and well LO is 4 mos been trying to find something fun for him to do ....Swimming ... Now In Asia things are a bit different... he had had his own pool with warm water and they use a different type of floaties.... This is huge in Asia Japan and Korea ... He was very comfortable and he loved every min Of it he was in the water for 40 mins he had so much fun!!! After the session he had his best nap almost 2 hrs and slept for so long from 630 til 5am!!! There's a 12 hr time difference and finally after 2 wks he had his best sleep!!! He was so happy in the pool and the neck floatie did not bother him at all .... I know back in the states this sort of thing would be frown upon and considered cruel choking hazard and all but it really was not uncomfortable it was a soft plastic ring he was able to move his head around shake his head ... He was the happiest that I hv ever seen him.... I am hoping I can fits one more swim session in before we leave ... The floatie is called swimava .... I would get one for him but I know back in the states no one would approve of it...

Re: Swim time pls don't think I am cruel

• Options
    edited December 2014
    They have a baby spa here in Houston called Float Baby that uses those neck thingies.

I can see why some babies might enjoy it but no way would I spend what they are asking for it. (The spa, not the actual devise)
  • Options
    I've seen those before. I say if your LO enjoys it, then why not? You could use it in a bath tub.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nephew has cerebral palsy and uses a neck floatie. He looooves swimming and it's so fun to see him happy. Don't worry about what others will think.
  • Options
    I saw this on a morning show segment. I bet this catches on here in the U.S.

• Options
    I think it's cool
  • Options
    Your LO is adorable! I don't think it's cruel at all, and it looks like he enjoys it. That mini-pool looks awesome, too. 

• Options
    I've seen these before.  It looks relaxing to me!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm seriously tempted to buy one of those and find out if our bathtub is deep enough! :) Your little guy looks happy (and so adorable!) and as long as someone is close by just in case, who cares what other people might think?
  • Options
    Oh my goodness he is a cutie! So much hair!
  • Options
    Looks like fun! Lots of things aren't recommended in the US due to a lack of common sense and frivolous lawsuits, not bc they're a bad idea. Glad he enjoys it!
  • Options
    Ah I saw the article about the place in Houston thay does that - I thibk when @zoegirlTX‌ posted about it? I definitely need to try this with my little one, she loves the bath and I help her float on her back in there alot.

Did anyone see that video floating around Facebook of the babies swimming?? No floated just having support from mom or dad. They were swimming under water through hula hoops and looked like they were all loving it. They were all under 6 months too, I think. I need to find the link...
  • Options
    SWIM BABIES UNDER WATER: https://youtu.be/ccFq-DLeEy8

Found it.
  • Options

SWIM BABIES UNDER WATER: https://youtu.be/ccFq-DLeEy8

Found it.

I used to teach parent-baby swim lessons like this as a teenager (I was 18ish). It was so much fun. It's incredible how quickly the babies catch on.
  • Options
    What that looks incredible I wnt to take my LO to swim class now.... They look so cute ...
  • Options
    sobored76 said:

What that looks incredible I wnt to take my LO to swim class now.... They look so cute ...

The thought of swim classes so young seemed crazy until I watched that video. They really do look so happy. I need to find a place to take my LO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"