2nd Trimester

12w scan

lucassmummylucassmummy member
edited December 2014 in 2nd Trimester
Yes I am aware they look like aliens... yes i also know it's a baby... and Believe it or not I know its either a boy or girl.

Re: 12w scan

• lucassmummylucassmummy member
    edited December 2014
  • Why are people so flaming rude on here. I'm interested in theories, and interested in discussing this...hence why it's a discussing forum. if your not interest in theories... Then please don't reply! Especially with smarmy comments... I know it's a baby and either boy or girl. I'm not thick thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Why are people so flaming rude on here. I'm interested in theories, and interested in discussing this...hence why it's a discussing forum. if your not interest in theories... Then please don't reply! Especially with smarmy comments... I know it's a baby and either boy or girl. I'm not thick thank you.

We're just more interested in the health of the baby rather than how the baby is going to pee.

Be interested in science. That will at least get you somewhere.

The theory has been debunked a couple times over, though. There is no way to tell the sex of a fetus using the skull. Most sex-specific skull features appear at puberty & not in utero.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Theories are fun for some, but not all. I know nothing on the skull theory, sorry. Besides, take theory with a grain of salt. Every theory pointed to having one sex. Literally--the ramzi method, the how I'm carrying theory, the heartbeat, Chinese calendar, etc. All pointed to the same one, but my anatomy scan proved all of them wrong.

What was more interesting than the sex was seeing the actual anatomy. The spine formation, seeing the heart, etc. It was fascinating. I hope when your scan comes, you will see that the actual purpose of the scan is definitely more important than the sex, though it is a nice bonus. Just take theories with a grain of salt.

I was excited to know the sex as well, but I also kept in mind that theories are just theories and in the scheme of things, they don't amount to much. Enjoy your little one as they are :)
  • I've been full blown bitch today, but I'll keep my cool. (Not a lot of post today, but a lot of nonsense)

We aren't U/S techs. We don't do theories. Patience young grasshopper.
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Looks like a creepy alien to me. But you should get a second opinion.
  • Alygohome said:

Looks like a creepy alien to me. But you should get a second opinion.

This is not cool. Where it may be a theory that no one believes in, there is no reason to call an unborn baby a "creepy alien". Not funny.
  • Well if your not interested there don't comment, simple ;). Thank you for the 1% that are decent kind human beings on this forum but also thank you to the horrid people that have just proved my point with the comments they have just left.
    I really don't understand people that like to be awful to others. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. And thank you for making my first time on a forum a pleasant one. Revel in the satisfaction that I won't be on here again as I can't be bothered with stupid comments. =D> \:D/ :)
  • Alygohome said:
    This is not cool. Where it may be a theory that no one believes in, there is no reason to call an unborn baby a "creepy alien". Not funny.
    Are you kidding? They all look creepy aliens at this point. I called mine predator after my 12 weeks scan. Hence why I am not an ultrasound tech they all look creepy to me.

Yeah, ultrasounds always look like aliens or gummy bears to me. My 9 week US looked like a melted gummy bear; at 13 weeks, it looked like an intact gummy bear. Progress.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.

• Alygohome said:

menta84 said:

Alygohome said:

Are you kidding? They all look creepy aliens at this point. I called mine predator after my 12 weeks scan. Hence why I am not an ultrasound tech they all look creepy to me.

Yeah, ultrasounds always look like aliens or gummy bears to me. My 9 week US looked like a melted gummy bear; at 13 weeks, it looked like an intact gummy bear. Progress.

Lol. I've heard alien, but I've never heard gummy bear. I'm definetly going to use that one.
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Alygohome said:

menta84 said:

Alygohome said:

Call your baby whatever you would like, you know it's your child and you say it with no bad intentions obviously. But when you are trying to be snarky to someone, and then proceed to call her baby a creepy alien I think it is inappropriate honestly. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable calling another person's baby anything with the adjective "creepy" in it, or alien... Not me. Anyway to OP, good luck with everything.
  • I specifically asked my US Tech if it was normal that my baby looked like an alien. She said yes. I don't get the whole getting butt hurt about associating the scan with something many of us have used as comparison with our LOs.

My alien is a gorgeous little girl now, so it's not like PP is putting a hex on it by comparing it to an alien. You should probably calm down.
  • I specifically asked my US Tech if it was normal that my baby looked like an alien. She said yes. I don't get the whole getting butt hurt about associating the scan with something many of us have used as comparison with our LOs.

My alien is a gorgeous little girl now, so it's not like PP is putting a hex on it by comparing it to an alien. You should probably calm down.

Word. My little predator was creepy adorable. He's now a little trouble maker but cute as a button.

I really don't think the person using "creepy alien" was doing so in a disparaging way. Simmer down!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"