Multiples
Options

Preeclampsia...

If you've had it... Can you describe your symptoms?

How bad of headache & location.

Vision disturbance, what kind/how?

Etc.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Preeclampsia...

• Options
    chickaboo1974chickaboo1974 member
    edited December 2014
    I had a headache that would not go away (but I have migraines so I wasn't too concerned over it) but my bp was not going down with laying down (it was 170s/105ish).  But what got me calling OB was the fact that I was "seeing shooting stars".  I went to L&D at 4pm my boys were delivered by 8pm.

Edit to add

I knew I had high BP at 31 wks- was put on bedrest, I did a 24 hr urine catch and it came back clean.  At 34 weeks repeated the 24 hr catch and there was protein then, but it was borderline.  So I was sent home still on bedrest and with instructions to call if I had headaches, visual disturbances, or a pain on my right side under my breast.  And at 34w 3d is when I delivered.
  • Options
    carrotcake06carrotcake06 member
    edited December 2014
    I had it but it never progressed. Protein in urine early (24w) and borderline BP. I started seeing spots and floaters around 32w but my BP was always just borderline, so I was just monitored v closely. Never progressed and my water broke at 34w.

I still see floaters, so idk if it was pre-e related or not.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Protein in my urine was 4+ and I gained 8lbs in 5 days, plus my urine was dark and scant no matter how much water I drank. My bp was high for me. I was induced at 35w6d for choleostasis.
    Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET
  • Options
    RynleighRynleigh member
    edited December 2014
    I had ocular migraines before the headaches came on - it's like looking through a kaleidoscope. The full blown migraines were bad, to the point of needing to sleep - but, in general, they were very occasional. Are you checking your BP throughout the day? Mine went from 140s/80s to 160s/90s in just two days and landed me in the hospital. I really wasn't having constant symptoms that I could *feel* - I was just monitoring constantly. I "felt" perfectly normal most of the time. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    Thanks for input! Went in today for monitoring, BP was 137/88 (high for my normal, but still "ok" in their mind), b/w was all within "normal" range, Uric acid is creeping up each blood draw, no protein showed up in urine today. My pitting edema has gotten bad - "pits" all the way up to knees. I'm still 3cm & 80%effaced & they can feel head of baby.

So, for now - Rx is "take Oxy. & ambien and get rest". Ugh. So miserable! I'm 35w4d today.
  • Options
    My headache was just a dull one. I have sinus issues year round and no worse than my typical sinus headache. The day I was induced (34+5) my BP was 200/100, I had +4 protein and had gained 20lbs water weight the previous 4 weeks. Good luck!!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I have pre- e and my headache is dull in the temples primarily. I have had no vision issues yet. My blood pressure jumped up to 168/95 this morning and I had to go in for monitoring. After a few hours my blood pressure went down and my labs all came back normal and babies had a good NST so they have let me come back home for bedrest. I have to go in tomorrow to see OB and later this week for a growth scan.

It's scary how fast it can jump
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    My BP was up at my Dr appointments for most of my pregnancy, so I got a monitor for home, and it was always perfect. I checked it pretty regularly, and so at 36w when it had been high at home for 2 days, and wouldn't go down with a change in positions, I called the dr. Never had any other symptoms.
  • Options
    Ugh!!! I am following your updates and these all suck!! Just know it will all be over soon! 

I had POST E (no pre-e at all!) and my BP was 170/107!!! I felt HOT. And super bloated. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Thx @CaliCarly77‌ ... The end is giving me a rough go! Up until a month ago this pregnancy had been better than my singleton one!
  • Options
    I just diagnosed today (am actually responding from L & D right now... Overnight stay for monitoring.) My only symptoms were sudden excess swelling and I gained 8 lbs in a week. Other than that, no signs that I was aware of until they checked my BP at my appt today and found lots of protein in my urine sample. FX for you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @ksgsmu‌ I'm most likely at bedrest after today too... Mine was up to 171/96 when they admitted me. More information will come when I see my doc tomorrow.

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• Options
    My pre-e developed pretty early in my 2nd trimester.  Blood pressure slowly rose, but for a few months would bounce back and forth from high back to normal - then all of a sudden it got high and just wouldn't go back down.  My urine protein levels skyrocketed pretty quickly, too (I did several 24-hour tests).  I was monitored 3x/week for over a month, and then I started seeing spots in my vision (no headaches) - they upped my monitoring and began 2x/ week non stress tests for the babies, on top of my blood pressure monitoring.  Once I hit 34 weeks, they said it was time for babies to come out - delivered by C-section at 34 weeks 2 days.  I had NO IDEA just how shitty pre-e made me feel, until about a week after the babies were born (once I could move around well again after the C-section) - I suddenly felt NORMAL!  You don't really realize just how bad the symptoms get when they gradually get worse, because you're stuck living with them every day, but then when the babies come out and your body can level back to normal again, it is just amazing how much better you'll feel!  Good luck!!

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

• Options
    Well, I'm in L&D on magnesium & pitocin.... Getting labor to progress. Was 4cm in office visit yesterday & more protein in urine, high BP, 9lbs gained in 5 days & still headache, horrible pitting edema up to knees! Baby girls hopefully to arrive today :)
  • Options
    Have yourself a fabulous L&D! Here's hoping for little to no NICU time and no hemorrhaging! 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    I had some early pre-e.  I felt like total 100% crap the day before they delivered me. I mean like crappier than I had been feeling during the third tri.  I had a headache that would not go away with tylenol, I don't remember much about it, but it was annoying.  My bp got up to 191/105 when they finally admitted me.  I delivered via c-section at 35w6d.

For you ladies with pre-e, keep an eye on your bp after you get home.  Mine was super high at my 2 week pp appt after my c-section. The doc sent me to the ER because of it to make sure I wasn't in danger of having a stroke.  I had to be on meds for a couple months until I got back to normal. (I stopped the meds when my bp was registering 100/60 regularly, which is extremely low for me).

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I am admitted for pre-e. It is still mild, no syptoms. Stable borderline blood pressure 140s/80s. Labs a little off and "creeping". So here I am hospitalized to be monitored until they get here :-) I should have followed Dr. Luke better. Next time! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine yesterday due to sever preeclampsia, same symptoms. Good luck to you!

• Options
    @PeaceofKia‌ - I had mine on 18th too!! Went from, "oh, you're fine" to "your preeclampsia is severe, we need to speed up process!"
  • Options
    @APRILMW‌ exactly! I went in on Tuesday for a routine appt with my mfm.... They found high levels of protein in my urine and admitted me. My BP was rising quickly and they had me do a 24 hour collection. The Next night they tell me that my protein levels were through the roof and BP was eerily rising and that I needed to deliver within the next 8 hours. How are yours doing? Weights, how far along were you?

• Options
    @PeaceofKia‌ - I was 36w exactly!
    Rylee Nicole - 5lb2oz, 18.75 in, 12:37 PM
    Madison "Madi" Jean - 4lb 11oz, 18.75 in, 12:51 PM

Both did fantastic! Needed no assistance & we are home as of yesterday! (Sunday)

How about you? How you feeling post delivery? My preeclampsia is mostly better - still horribly swollen feet & legs with lots of pitting edema. Top BP number still slightly elavated, but other symptoms gone!
  • Options
    @APRILMW‌ my BP was still elevated enough I left the hospital with a prescription for procardia until I follow up next week. My swelling has gone down a lot (I can fit my wedding rings again!) and pumping is getting more successful with each session. How is it to have them home?

• Options
    It's going great so far! They're on same schedule & have mostly mastered tandem nursing!
  • Options
    This gives me hope, ladies! I have hprrible pitting edema from toes to belly button, and hands.... mild to moderate pre-e, failed induction and c/s 24th at 35/1. Pumping has been challenging and getting girls to work on BFing is also tricky.... :-( thanks for the hope it will look better next week :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"