November 2014 Moms
Options

Scratched Cornea

H and I got to spend most of our Christmas in the ER because DS decided to scratch his cornea this morning. We were prescribed an antibiotic ointment and are giving him Tylenol for the pain. Poor little guy couldn't open his eyes for a while and when he tried to, he screamed in pain. The Tylenol really helped and he was finally able to open his eyes without crying.

Has anyone else gone through this before with their LO? How long did it take to heal?
BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Scratched Cornea

• Options
    Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon
  • Options
    Poor guy. I did this to myself once and I think it took a week to heal. The antibiotics started helping right away.
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no! Poor little guy. No experience with it, but I wanted to say that I hope it heals quickly.
  • Options
    No experience but also wanted to say hope he feels better asap.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options

Poor guy. I did this to myself once and I think it took a week to heal. The antibiotics started helping right away.

Same here. I had it once and while it took a while to heal completely, I started feeling better very quickly. Sending Your LO some healing vibes!
    TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • Options
    DS #2 scratched *my* cornea when he was a few months old.  I just kept my eye shut and it was much better the next day and all better after a few days.  It hurt like heck though and my eye just streamed tears for a while.
  • Options
    Oh no, I'm sorry that happened to your LO. DH scratched his cornea last year while we were putting up Christmas lights, a tree branch hit him straight in the eye. I know he was in a decent amount of pain for the first two days but after that he started feeling better. For him the cut was pretty deep and there was some sensitivity to light so he had to stay in a dark room for awhile or wear sunglasses around the house. Since your LO's nails are probably not as sharp as the tree branch (the branch had been pushed aside then flung back towards him too so there was some force there) I would hope you have a quicker healing process.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! DS was much better today thankfully :-)
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"