December 2014 Moms

Justin Ryan's birth story

path75path75 member
edited December 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I haven't posted to the birth announcements boards yet but I figured I'd stop in here first. Justin Ryan was born on December 23rd at 2:07 a.m. 8 days early. I went to work that morning with no contractions but did lose lots of brown mucus. I even went out to lunch with a vendor and a few coworkers. On my way home from work I started labor at 3:50pm. I had contractions for a couple of hours and called my OB to discusd. They weren't completely awful. They were mostly bad period cramps. My OB suggested I take a bath and relax and if they get any worse to head to the hospital. I could walk and talk through them. They were a minute apart and about 45 seconds long. I felt most of the pain in my lower back. Well after I took a bath they got extremely worse they were a minute apart which they were before. I called my ob after and hour and a half and told her I was on my way to the hospital. My water broke after I hung up with the ob and just before we left out the door. I was already at 5 & a half centimeters dilated when I got to the hospital. I got an epidural but not too long after that I was feeling lots of pressure. Everything progressed quickly after that and at around 1 o'clock am I was pushing. At 2:07am my little man was born. I couldn't be more happy. I was strep b positive so we had to stay to xmas because I didnt get the antibiotic in time.. That was extendend due to jaundice found on day 2 so we are just home today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Justin Ryan's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"