September 2014 Moms

Whitehead Pimple on DS face...normal?

He's had a couple of these whiteheads in his diaper area before. But today he's got a big whitehead looking adult pimple on his cheek?

Not sure what this could be from? Should I just keep an eye on it or try to call pedi before they are closed for Xmas? Anyone else's LO's have anything like this? Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Whitehead Pimple on DS face...normal?

• LO had one under her lips for about three months so I looked it up awhile ago. It's called milia.

"Milia occur when dead skin becomes trapped in tiny pockets near the surface of your baby's skin. When the surface of the bump wears away, the dead skin is sloughed off and the bump disappears."

It will go away on it's own. It's highly recommended to NOT mess with it. You can google images of this to make sure it's what you're dealing with.

• I only had them with DS1 when I was being a slacker and he was overdue for a bath. They disappeared fast with just a gentle daily once over with a warm washcloth and every 1-2 day baths.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Loading the player...
  • My LO was born with a few ..she had one in her ear for the longest time.. They have since resolved but I believe this is normal and should go away soon
  • My lo gets them one in a while and goes away after 2-3 days... Its normally a spot he rubs alot
  • I wait til they are white at the top and kinda scratch the white part off..I know I know...not supposed to do that but I can't help it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"