January 2015 Moms
Options

Liliana's world debut!!! Long

After a couple days at home, I'm finally taking the time to write out our story. Some of the story is kind of scary, so if you are nervous about an epi, you may want to skip that part...
I had an appointment with my mw Monday morning and had made no changes since the previous week. We were still at 2.5 cm. So we went about our day as normal. Kinda felt blah all day with back pain, so I decided to take a bath at 9 pm.
Got out, dried off, did I forget to dry my thighs and whatnot? Huh. Dry off again. Realize the water is trickling from me lol!!
Wanted to make sure it was my water, and not go in for peeing myself or some such.
Put on panties, laid down a min, stood back up, soaked through panties. I decide that I hadn't lost bladder control, it's my water.
So I tell DH, let's go and throw on another pair of panties and pants.
We take our time getting ready, no contractions or anything yet. We even stop at the gas station on our way to get drinks for DD and H.
Get to l&d and there are no rooms available, so we sit at the nurse's station for 30 mins, until they got a bed in recovery.
I'm gushing water by this time. Any movement, sneeze, or laugh and it's like a waterfall. By 10:45, the contractions start, around 11 we finally get to our room.
Contractions aren't too bad, up until about 1 am, I'm checked and at 7 cm they call for the epidural.
This is the worst part of my entire delivery....
The first time she tries to get the needle in she hits bone,
the second time, she hits a nerve and my entire left side jerks and twinges with pain. She decides she needs to go up a vertebrate(sp?).
It goes in but numbs nothing below my stomach, the best I get is tingling toes. I have to say that being able to feel a catheter is absolutely no fun. I inform my nurse after giving it 30 mins, I feel everything. So she calls back to have it redone. While we are waiting she checks and I'm at a 10, so no re-do's. They call the dr and tell him to head in, I'm ready to push.
20 mins later and he's still not there.
I should add that with my ob's practice, I get whatever dr is oncall when it's time, not necasarily my dr.
So I have a man I've never met show up to deliver my baby...
He's not very nice and DH nearly knocked his lights out because of how rude and unsettling he is.
He's very negative and all he can say is how I'm not pushing right and I'm holding back, if I would push right, I could have her in 2 pushes and he could go back to bed.
I can feel everything. And when they talk about the ring of fire when the head is coming out, it is a real thing. As I'm pushing her head out, he is stretching and pulling and I about came off the bed. But the relief of pushing and her finally coming into this world was amazing.
They set her on my chest immediately and DH cut the cord. I had a first degree tear, but didn't break my tailbone!! (I did with DD1 and was told it would probably happen again) so placenta comes out, and I get all sewed up. Dr leaves immediately afterwards.
They're getting me cleaned up and I hear them say they needed to call him back, I'm gushing. They take the baby over to the table to do her work up, while they give me meds in my iv for the bleeding. They knead and prod me a while until the "gushing" stops.
I'm able to stand and walk immediately afterwards.
But Liliana is perfect! And arrived at 3:33 am on dec 23rd.
Weighed in at 7.6 oz and 19 1/3 in long. We were able to immediately attempt to nurse and she was only taken out of our room twice to see the dr, so we had a lot of bonding time. We were able to come home Christmas Eve! And enjoyed Christmas at home.
Breastfeeding is really hard, and we're having some latch issues. But we'll work it out.
If you read all of that, donuts to you!!!
Good luck to everyone with inside babies! You can do it!
Also thank you to everyone for all of the support we've been given throughout these past few months.

Re: Liliana's world debut!!! Long

• Options
    Congrats. She is beautiful!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! She is gorgeous!

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! She's beautiful!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats! She's a cutie. I'm very impressed with how positive you are about everything, I'm glad it all turned out so well.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats - she's beautiful!

Sorry about the bad epi and bad doctor, but I'm glad you're both healthy.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    congrats!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    edited December 2014
    She's gorgeous! Glad you're both okay!

And holy hell, I would document everything that went down. Write yourself an email now with as many specific details as you can remember, including the comment from the doctor about wanting to go back to bed. Have your husband do the same (don't compare notes, just write yourselves emails to time stamp it). Then I would call the hospital and let them know you'd like to file a complaint. That anesthesiologist was incompetent and your doctor unprofessional. The hospital at the least should be made aware that this is unacceptable. I am just so glad that everything turned out healthy for you both, that's most important! But nobody should have to deal with that ridiculousness while delivering, and I am so sorry that was your experience.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    Oh wow! Glad everything ended up ok after all that mess. Congratulations!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations on beautiful little Liliana! And I'm totally impressed you attempted vaginal birth again after breaking your tailbone the first time! I broke my tailbone as a teenager and OMG is it awful to recover from!

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful Liliana! I'm sorry that you had such an unpleasant birth experience with her but I know the end result (holding a healthy baby) helped you to pull through!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad you made it out the other side with a beautiful baby girl! (P.s. I sympathize with your extra "bleeding" experience...not fun at all!)
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Hope the latch issues resolve soon :smiley: she's beautiful!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your birth story! Liliana is beautiful! Congrats!
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• Options
    Congrats!
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    Congrats to you! She is so cute! ♡

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and I second what @southernyankeegirl‌ said- no one should be treated that way and it sounds like incompetence to me- although nothing went 'wrong' as in no bad outcome the anestesiogist sounds incompetent and that job can lead to many bad outcomes if done wrong so it's important that hospital is aware that she doesn't know how to do her job. Could save someone else's life
    Down the road. Doc sounds like he needs to be retrained in bedside manner! But she is beautiful so enjoy her and I hope the bfing issues resolve
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"