Working Moms

What are you looking forward to in 2015?

I am so over being in a job that is just a poor fit for me and working with a bunch of egotistical narcissists.  I have been networking my bum off for the past 6 months, trying to find a better opportunity.  I am trying to have a more positive outlook, but it is a constant struggle because of my work environment. And I am just feeling really beat up at this point.  I really hope 2015 is my year to land a great job because I cannot maintain my sanity through another year like 2014. 

Re: What are you looking forward to in 2015?

• I'm looking forward to wrapping up the horrible project I've been working on for the past 18 months.  We're launching in mid Jan.  I'm tired of the stress and late nights and weekends.

I'm considering striking out on my own and consulting in my field.  That would be a huge milestone.

I'm looking forward to not hemorrhaging money for home repair.  We have some big ones planned, but we're done after a while after that...
  • Ugh @SunAndRain - that is the worst.  Fingers crossed for a great opportunity for you in the new year.

I'm looking forward to a REAL vacation.  Like not a vacation to visit family and not a weekend away.

DH spent two years working full time and getting his MBA (traveling out of state every other week) and then we had a baby 4 months after he graduated and started a new job.

DH has promised me we are going to Hawaii this spring/summer and I cannot wait.

Now.. how to lose this baby weight...
  • Loading the player...
  • Professionally: I'm hoping my crop insurance business has grown and that my other P&C insurance business has doubled. If all goes well, my brother and I will be out of business with my dads business partner and will no longer have any rental properties. The amount of stress and worry that doing those things would get rid of is enough to make me cry tears of joy.

Personally: I'm hoping we have will have started, or at least formed a plan for, our master bed/bath addition. Hopefully this time next year I'll be pregnant. We are also planning on buying a camper in February so that should provide lots of fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Having my baby/not being pregnant anymore. I also hope to start my running regime again, and I want to run my first half marathon. I look forward to bringing my girls back to my hometown this summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm looking forward to moving into our new house.  We started the building process in May and have been living in a small apartment since June.  This house is not only our "dream house" but it also marks an important milestone for the finacial accomplishments we've made and where we hope to go in the future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Our 10 year wedding anniversary and hopefly organizing our finances so we can take a trip just the two of us.

Also sending DD1 to 4K. No more paying for preschool plus free breakfast and lunch for her will be a nice cost savings. All kids get free meals at our school district. There is no income qualification.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Paying off quite a bit of our consumer debt - maybe all of it if work continues to go well.

TTC #2. I really hope I'm pregnant by this time next year.
  • My husbands finishes his fellowship and starts a real job in August!!!!! I can't wait to actually start saving for retirement and not DIYing everything. Also my father has been putting off a necessary surgery for at least six years. It is scheduled for 1/15. I am looking forward to him feeling better.
  • Having my little girl!  And DS starting pre-school.  He just gets more interesting and entertaining every day :)
  • Hopefully starting up a side business on Etsy and making extra money doing something I enjoy. I am also hoping for a better career opportunity, but appreciate that this is the first time I'm job hunting and not out of work and desperate.

• We're moving January 2nd (same general area, but my first apartment alone with DD).  I have only ever lived with family or my STBXH.

Speaking of him, also completley looking forward to my divorce being finalized!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I'm personally very done working FT and looking for FT jobs. I'm looking forward to starting my own business with my mom as my partner and really hope (praying very hard) it takes off. This way I'll have more time for myself and my baby and I will get to do something that I love at the time that I like rather than being stuck in an office with bad employees rights garding rules
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • I'm going to do the Brene Brown e-course and hoping to start the year off right and on a positive note to make lots of other positive change...we'll see... would like to see if I can work p/t instead of f/t but not sure it'll fly at my work, I need to work on a solid proposal.
  • I'm looking forward to my medical practice continuing to build.  I bought it 1.5 years ago, and I'm hoping we'll start making a profit this year!  DH started a new business in July, so we'll celebrate the 1 year anniversary of that next summer as well!  
  • Paying off all the debt. That's what I want from 2015! While it won't literally be all the debt because DH's school loans are just crazy, I can't wait to get rid of the small loans and our credit card balance (only $3K to go!)

Once that's accomplished, and we have more funds available month to month, we're going to put in a fireplace and probably TTC #2. Likely in that order. Cause hey, fireplace!
  • I am really hopeful that 2015 will bring new employment opportunities. I am over this job! I also hope that this year will bring better communication between DS father and I. This last year has completely sucked. I wish our relationship could be better for our sons sake even though we're not together.

Seems like a lot of people are hoping for similar things. I hope the new year is good to your all.
  • Being serious about debt reduction, exercising regularly, and being more present with my family.
  • Finding a great work fr home gig :)

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Taking a family trip to Ireland this summer so looking forward to that :-) Also watching my 3 1/2 month old LO grow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"