August 2014 Moms
Options

Headaches, nausea & BF

Hi there- I searched for a thread on this but could not find one. My LO will be 4 months on Monday and for the past 2-3 weeks, I have been experiencing headaches and some minor nausea - I took a preg test multiple times and were all neg, so I don't think I am preggo. A friend told me she experienced something like this around 3-4 months pp. and that she thought it was her hormones adjusting. We EBF, on mini pill and I have not had a pp period yet. The only change has been I started back to work last Monday (from home until new year) & have been majorly stressing about leaving Nora after the new year. Has anyone experienced something like this PP? TIA :)

Re: Headaches, nausea & BF

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Yes. I had to up the calories I was taking in. It helped. :-) and it couldn't be the fun kind of calories- it was protein and healthy fats that I seem to need the most.

I was hoping upping the cookies would help- but no.

And it totally coincided with my return to work. I think the additional stress and activity was a lot of it.
  • Options
    I could have written this! Although, I have not taken a test yet... I'm nervous to. The nausea and headaches have improved, but it was rough for a couple weeks. I'm guessing hormones and stress.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes. I had to up the calories I was taking in. It helped. :-) and it couldn't be the fun kind of calories- it was protein and healthy fats that I seem to need the most.

I was hoping upping the cookies would help- but no.

My hubby thought that might be it- Nora eats constantly throughout the day and I pump about 18-20 oz between my Am and PM pump. I know I am not eating enough to support that production. I will try out some high protein items! Thanks
  • Options
    I am having the same issues and was also worried about pregnancy. ..but it really seems like it is related to eating and drinking. I am going to work on my protein and fats...good advice. I think carbs are my go to because I feel like they will give me quick energy.
  • Options
    Headaches here but not nausea. I drink tons of water and likely eat too much. No clue.

• Options
    Yes. I have been dealing with this once a week for a few weeks. I remember this happening with DS too. I agree that eating helps. I sometimes feel like I have to eat protein filled snacks every few hours just like when I was pregnant. That helps the nausea. I haven't found anything that helps the headaches. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I have the nausea and usually get it when I haven't had enough water.

• Options
    Same exact thing here!! Took two test and were negative. Glad to know other women are experiencing this too!
  • Options
    Me too! My LO is just over 4 mo. Over the past 2 weeks I've been getting a headache around 3PM and lasts till dinner. Only nausea when I'm BFdg sometimes but it's always been like this and gets better with water.
  • Options
    I get headaches if I don't drink enough water while BFing. Drinking a Gatorade usually turns it around fast for me.
  • Options
    Wow, so interesting. I have been nauseous off and on for weeks now. I have been worried about pregnancy too... (no period yet here). I am pumping/some direct nursing.
    This makes me feel less nervous about the entire ordeal.
  • Options
    My nausea seems to have subsided quite a bit as I keep up with increased water and eat a small snack (hard boiled egg, granola bar, ect) before or during nursing. The headaches are still around though and are the same. Feel like I have had one for 2 weeks straight!
  • Options
    Me too. In the last month I have had a headache almost daily, frequent nausea and my hair is falling out like crazy. Negative pregnancy test, I was beginning to think something was really wrong with me and told my husband after the first of the year I want to go get a physical and bloodwork done. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    I have had this issue and it's definitely when I don't eat enough. I took a pg test too even though it's next to impossible(EBF + Nexplanon). Maybe that was wishful thinking ;)
  • Options

Me too. In the last month I have had a headache almost daily, frequent nausea and my hair is falling out like crazy. Negative pregnancy test, I was beginning to think something was really wrong with me and told my husband after the first of the year I want to go get a physical and bloodwork done. 

My hair is also coming out.... in chunks! It looks like a small rodent in my shower drain every morning :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"