October 2014 Moms
Options

How did Christmas go??

Wondering how everyone's Christmases went with new LOs in the family? Also, self-serving, just need to share how much our Christmas DID NOT go as planned! I had a sitter lined up Monday and Christmas Eve (knowing DH would not be done shopping and I'd be pissed). Well, sitter's DH came down with the real flu on Monday so no sitter. DD1 suck Monday (102 fever). Took her to get tested...just a bad cold. DH woke up with it Tuesday....also no flu, he got tested, too. It knocked him on his arse, though, and he's not usually a whiny sick guy. Of course, we'd DTD Monday night right before he started with the fever. So...not a single present was wrapped at this point, no sitter, no one to hold LO except me and she's become a master catnapped. BUT, we made it through! DH was put on wrapping duty, DD1 and DS (12 and 10) did tons of wrapping (with soooo many bows on everything). Christmas Eve with in-laws...overstimulated tired, screaming LO who would calm down only for me. Christmas at our house....overstimulated, tired, screaming LO who again, would calm down only for me. I have to say, though, overall, it was an awesome Christmas! Can't believe a year ago I had no inkling that there would be a new baby in our lives. Crazy!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How did Christmas go??

• Options
    It was chaotic but actually went pretty well. Poor LO is sick with a cold now today though but overall he handled everything like a champ. 
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pretty well! Mason had so many gifts though that he napped twice before getting through all of them.

*To be clear, we do clues on our gifts and we open one at a time. It wasn't just 5 hours of crazy paper ripping madness. Ain't nobody got money for that!

FIL and DH made dinner which included a ham and turkey so I stuffed myself silly and even didn't have to do kitchen clean up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"