October 2014 Moms

MOTN necessities

So, what do you keep at the ready for middle of the night feedings to make it more tolerable for you.? Also, do you keep the room pitch black? We use the rocking chair in LOs room at night. I keep lip balm, hand sanitizer, hand cream, tissues, and water. I always wish I had a clock but never remember my phone. Not sure how you ladies bump in the MOTN. We keep the room as pitch black as possible.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MOTN necessities

• Water, diapers, wipes, and my phone to look at the time. She sleeps bedside and I have a small light that I turn on during feedings. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I keep prepped bottles with pre-measured water, formula, diapers and wipes. I only do diaper changes if needed so that I don't wake him by getting him undressed and cold.
  • Loading the player...
  • Water, wipes, burp rag, binky, cell phone. I use the light from the bathroom for nursing.
  • I feel so unprepared... I have my phone but that's it!
  • She's still sleeping in her RNP next to the bed most nights. I just have burp cloths, nipple shield, glass of water, and cell phone next to the bed.

• Noah sleeps in the PnP next to our bed. I have the glider in our room, Boppy, glass of water, blanket for me, and I use the light from the TV (just on to the black screen) and my phone for tracking feedings and bumping to keep me awake and sane. We have diaper changing stuff by the bed and I put down a blanket to change his diaper if needed.
  • Chapstick, water, changing pad & diapers on our dresser. I try to have everything ready to go.

• She sleeps in the PNP by our bed. I guess there are some supplies stuffed in its little caddy but they're more for the mornings. For MOTN I usually grab my phone and that's it. We usually sit in a chAir in the bedroom. I have a diffuser with a night light setting that I can turn on to see during feelings. After I put her back down I go get some water in the kitchen.

imageimageimage
  • C sleeps I her nursery. We keep a night light on and I just use that most of the time. I also don't change her unless she is fussy. I just keep a bottle of water for me to drink next to the rocking chair. I don't use my phone or iPad because it wakes me up more and I would have trouble going back to sleep.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• C sleeps I her nursery. We keep a night light on and I just use that most of the time. I also don't change her unless she is fussy. I just keep a bottle of water for me to drink next to the rocking chair. I don't use my phone or iPad because it wakes me up more and I would have trouble going back to sleep.

Yes, the phone definitely wakes me up too much. Tried it once only. I also forgot to mention I have the bottles ready in a cooler bag and bottle warmer in the room. The display light on the warmer is enough light to see and change her while her bottle heats up, although I'm thinking of eliminating nighttime diaper changes after reading some of you all's posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"