August 2014 Moms
Options

Santa woes

We live 5 hours north of my family and 6 hours from DH's. For those of you that pretend that Santa is real for your LOs, how do you do it if you have to travel for family? I remember hardly being able to sleep and waking up at the ass crack of dawn to run to the Christmas tree and see what the guy brought me. I loved it. I want the same for DD but the way things are now, we'll never be home Christmas Eve.

Re: Santa woes

• Options
    We stay at my parents house christmas eve and wake up christmas morning. We tell the kids Santa knows where they are and delivers presants to grandma and grandpa's.

if you go away but come back sometime during the night christmas eve you could have the kids go to the car and have someone stay with them in the car while someone else puts out the presants before you leave (however when they get older they may notice when you come home and they walk in)
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I have friends that do Elf on the Shelf. They are gone on Christmas morning every year, so the Elf takes Santa a letter asking if he has time to come to their house early before they leave for Grandma's. Santa agrees to visit early if they are good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were home in Christmas but DH was flying this week so we did Christnas early. We told DD that Santa always knows where each child is (we've spent one Christmas back home in Canada but she was to young to remember) and when to visit them. For us it's more timing then location. This year Santa sent a letter saying he knows that Daddy has to work so he was goi g to make a special trip to the house early so we could all celebrate together since it's more about being together then a day in the calendar. For us it helps that DD knows other pilot families and done if them have to celebrate other times as well. We've told DD that Samta doesn't just deliver presents one night a year. Sometimes he is busy for a week or two making sure that he makes his delivery to each family when they are all together.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We stopped traveling for Christmas. We might again at some point in the future but for now we plan to be home for Christmas. It's just too much of a pain plus now we have our own traditions and it's nice to be home, just our family. When I was little we often traveled to see family in the afternoon on the 25th or on the 26th. We once had Christmas early, once traveled to each set of grandparents (that I can remember), but mostly were home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"