August 2014 Moms

Thoughts on more??

PeedyPeedy member
edited December 2014 in August 2014 Moms
I know this has been asked before, but I've found myself recently looking at LO and finally thinking (on infrequent occasions). That I'd like another. If you're planning to have another someday.. Have you started coming around to the idea?

Thoughts on more?? 181 votes

Hell no
14% 27 votes
Think about wanting another sometimes.
13% 24 votes
Really think about having another (but in the future)
52% 95 votes
I want all the babies. Now.
14% 26 votes
SS
4% 9 votes

Re: Thoughts on more??

• Probably when DS is about 2-3 years will try
  • I'm donzies! I've had DS and now I have Itty bit and I want to focas on enjoying the ones I have and my health. Being pregnant was fun and it through me into a short remission but the flood of hormones after has been hell
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • We know we will have 1-2 more in the future. Maybe in a few years we will have a 3rd. I'm not in any rush.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I may have told DH I didn't want another one in the middle of labor (about 5 minutes before the anesthesiologist finally showed up to place the epidural), but I'm starting to like the idea of another one. We'll probably wait until DS is 2 to start trying.
  • Yup, getting rid of his bassinet and baby clothes made me realize I want another, gonna start to plan when he's almost 2 yrs old :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh we definitely want another. I'm actually jealous of all the preggos! BUT, I really want to enjoy LO's first year not pregnant or thinking about another baby coming. FI and I are getting married in June 2016 and so we will start trying right after.
    Exactly this! Except we're getting married May 2016.
  • Eh. Maybe. I love having a baby, but they grow up, you know?

We will evaluate our life in 2 years and see.
  • All the babies now! I am also jealous of the pregnant women I see. I would love it if I could get pregnant now, but I want to BF a year and was advised to wait a year after my c-section. I'll probably get my Nexplanon out in July.
  • Yes! I have baby fever already, but I know I don't want another one right now. After DS, it took me almost a year to warm up to the idea of another one. Now, I think it will take DH that long to warm up to another one. He wants more, but he does not want one anytime soon.

We'll probably try when DD is 2 ish.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• We're debating one more, already have SD & SS, plus LO, would love one more, but our little family is feeling great right now.
  • We will start trying when DS is two. Now I want all the babies, but I just don't really see us with more than two. I am really hoping for a girl next time though. I want to enjoy this baby being little before I have another one.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• I'm ready for more, and not ready for more. Lol! I'm jealous of the preggies, but my 2u2 still leave me drained daily. So we are waiting.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I think I want one more. But some days I don't know how I would manage. Going to decide by summer because age is not on our side.
  • I said to my husband during labor, please don't make me go through this again....but I didn't mean it. DH is OAD and we would like to adopt an older child. I do want to adopt...and maybe baby too? I am coming around to the idea, DH not so much.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Nope. Buddy completed our family.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The thought of not having a 3rd makes me sad but the thought of a 3rd also makes me want to cry. I'm not sure which one will win in the end. We will decide when ds2 is two years old.

• I think I want one more. But some days I don't know how I would manage. Going to decide by summer because age is not on our side.
    This, totally. Pretty sure we'll go for another so they can experience growing up with a sibling, but I totally get the not knowing how you'll manage. How will I do a baby and a toddler?!

• I'm currently overwhelmed at the thought of going back to work in less than 2 weeks. I also am not great at managing my 2 kids solo. But...I don't feel done. Ideally I'd like a 2016 baby.
  • I'm AMA, so if we decide for another we'll start trying in February (eek!). We're both leaning toward going for #2, but we won't decide until then.
  • I've had three all while AMA.  We are done.  I thought I'd be really unsure about it, but I'm really enjoying giving away the baby clothes, etc. as soon as she out grows it...so I guess I'm really ready.
  • SS: I would love to have another one, but there is a huge risk of another stroke. I would have to start taking twice a day Lovenox injections before we started TTC, although my pregnancy, and six weeks pp. Lovenox costs $250 every month, and who knows how long I'd have to take it.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Baby 2 has been planned out since the same time baby 1 was planned. We wanted baby 1 to be born Sept/Oct of this year, and her due date was 08/29, but she held out and came on 09/01. Baby 2 is planned for 10/10/16-Nov 16. 10/10/16 well be 10 years at my company and I'll get paid 100% maternity leave then. It was 80% with baby 1.
  • I want all the babies. I have DH on board to have one more and we'll probably try for another 2 year gap as that worked well this time around. Seeing what 2.5 looks like, I'd rather have the next sooner rather than later. I'll also be AMA for any more, so just one more reason to bang them out now. I'm still holding out hope for a 4th another 2 years after that, but that's pushing it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I put I want all the babies now! I would rather get through all the young years pretty close together rather than have too much time between them. DH and I had talked about waiting until DD is 2 before we try again, but we've since decided to bring the subject up again at 1 year old. I'm all for having another one right away.
  • No more babies for me. There was a time after I found out DS's gender that I thought maybe we could have a third since I really wanted DD to have a sister. I think DH and I would end up killing each other or divorced if we had another baby though and we can't afford to put three kids through college.
  • dumb question but what does AMA stand for? I cant figure it out!

• Advanced Maternal Age...I think?
  • Elaina22 said:
    Advanced Maternal Age...I think?
    thank you. that makes sense.

• It took us 5 yrs to hv our LO And I love him to pieces and def hv been thinking of giving him a bro or sis.... HOWEVER when LO is fussy and screaming crying like a banshee and takes 20 mins to calm him I wnt to slap myself for thinking I want another ...
  • kaitm22 said:
    Elaina22 said:
    Advanced Maternal Age...I think?
    thank you. that makes sense.
    Yup. It's a nice way of saying we're getting too old. It applies over 35. I'm cutting myself off at 40 no matter what, even though I have some friends who have had one after 40. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unless we win the lottery, we are done. I could deal with the pregnancy+mom stuff with a third child but we just can't afford it. I need to get back into the workforce eventually!

We have our 2 girls and I have no desire to try again just for a boy.
  • DH and I want 3 maybe 4, I want to start trying this summer, so when DS is one or almost one. A part of me wants to get pregnant now, but I know I should wait and cherish DS while he's still little :)
  • We are EBF but will try for #2 as soon as it is possible. DH and I discussed starting when DS is 9 mos because we expect he'll be on enough solids for the hormones to balance out a bit but we'll have to see.
  • All the babies!!! But I think we will wait until LO is almost two to try. PPD/PPA also has me a bit unsure. I think I will need the time to continue to heal and get stronger. I do think I will be much more prepared next go round.
  • Vasectomy makes us done :) we are finished at 2!
  • Babies now!!!!!!!!!
  • At first I was thinking I wanted my LO and her future sib to be 3 years apart (so that she's more independent) but now I feel like if I wait that long I won't want a second! We will probably start trying next fall. Plus I want to get my body back into great shape so that I can bounce back quickly again. We will be done at 2 though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"