October 2012 Moms

Christmas Eve

We didn't get to my parents until 9:15. Boys went down close to 10 but I heard E up until after 11. Both of them were up by 5:30 this morning. It's going to be rough today. Not even counting the fact that I have to put on a happy face for church and when we go over to my grandparents' house tonight, knowing my Gram won't be there.
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Christmas Eve

• @Rachelilly23‌ huge hugs. how long are you at your parents for? Let me know if you need anything, I'm off all next week.

• @stephcarter‌ We leave Sunday since DH goes to work Monday.

• Loading the player...
  • I hope you guys can still have a somewhat enjoyable holiday, @Rachelilly23‌. Hang in there.
  • A woke up today with no fever, finally. I was worried. Hopefully she's on the mend now.

Mh is hopefully getting home around noon so I can start prep. My moms side of the family is over at 5. Debating 3:00 church. I guess we'll see how A is doing and how naps go.
  • stephcarterstephcarter member
    edited December 2014
    @Rachelilly23‌ I'll be around all weekend if you need anything. My sister I are thinking of hitting sesame Friday if you wanna get out w the kids.

• I signed B up for daycare full time starting Jan. Working from home is rough with her, and with the new job there's no way I'll be able to do it. Today's my last day working from home with her and I'm ready for it to be over

Both MIL and FIL reacted as though I'm a horrible parent for sending her to daycare when I'll be working from home full time. Way to make me feel like a great mom IL's!

• My sinus infection is killing me. I was supposed to make treats with my mom and kids this afternoon but napping is seeming more likely. Wes wants to make a cake for Jesus's birthday so DH will have to do that. I do feel better than yesterday. Thank you, Nyquil!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I'm working until noon and then I'm heading home to tackle putting together the kitchen set from Santa.  Wesley is at daycare today until 4 and then we are heading to my mom's house for Christmas eve dinner. 

@stephcarter don't let them make you feel bad about sending your kid to daycare so you can work.  I can never get anything done when I am working from home with Wesley because he wants to help.  B will have a wonderful time at daycare!

• @mbm1983 its extremely difficult. she's a busy girl, as most toddlers are. i usually try to get up a few hours before her, and work during naps, and lunch time, and i usually end up working after she goes to bed. Basically its 18 hour days and its exhausting. Then DH comes home and whines that the house is a mess but lays on the couch while i continue to work,and then i run around and clean.

@stefaniem522, she really does love being at daycare. 

i feel like keeping her home and working from home full time would not only stress me out even more, but i'd kind of be neglecting her. I can't give her the attention and interaction she gets there, and i feel bad that I can't, but its just impossible to do while working. :(

• Walmart has a game SD wants for $49.96 but they ran out. I told DH to go to target and have them price match it (it's $59.99 there) and he refuses to get it price matched. Ummm??

• StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    edited December 2014
    Have you guys seen the Santa tracker that google has.  It is way cute. I might try and show wesley later on, but I don't think he will understand it completely yet.

<https://santatracker.google.com/#tracker&gt;

• My kid is laying on the couch whining because i wont give her the breakable Elsa ornament off the tree. Merry Christmas! ;)

I need to go make cheesy pizza fondue for ILs house this afternoon. Its an open house style shindig. We eat till we pop and watch Frosty and Christmas Vacation. Looking forward to it!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Kitchen i put together it only took me 2 and a half hours. Why does little tykes make them so difficult to put together.

• Its a good thing i put it together when he wasnt home and nit after he hadgone to bed there was no way i could have been quiet and it fell apart a few times while i was trying to contort my body to screw in the screws to hold it together

• @mbm1983‌ your hired!

• All 3 grandkids are at Grandma and Grandpa's. They are in heaven! :) A is currently snuggled up with Grandpa and her 6 year old cousin and all is right with the world. :)

Oct Angel Babies
  • Just finished wrapping, it's 1:10 am and I'm beat! DH wrapped SDs stuff and a present for our niece. I did everything else (at least 4x the gifts!). He fell asleep on the couch watching me wrap about an hour and a half ago :(

• So... I feel like a slacker mom when I see pics of my FB friends' gift piles. Seriously, A is getting 6 things. 4 from us, 2 from Santa. Plus a stocking. One family had to open family gifts tonight to make room for Santa gifts tomorrow...and their tree is overflowing again!

Oct Angel Babies
  • CnAnA said:
    So... I feel like a slacker mom when I see pics of my FB friends' gift piles. Seriously, A is getting 6 things. 4 from us, 2 from Santa. Plus a stocking. One family had to open family gifts tonight to make room for Santa gifts tomorrow...and their tree is overflowing again!
    That's crazy! I'm with ya. The girls are getting three presents all together. There are other gifts under the tree for extended family. I've really been trying to teach the girls about giving, and that it's better than receiving, hahaha!! :) But seriously, I'm so excited to give them their pink tricycles in the morning!

• Don't feel like a slacker @CnAnA‌! Some facebookers have issues. The pics I've seen of presents are flat out ridiculous.

B has quite a few presents under there, but im not sure if a lot of them really count. There's like 4 pairs of jeggings under there that I got on sale on Black Friday, and books, and a whale bathtub spout cover. A lot of things she kind of needed anyway, but I wrapped them up :)

• Wesley also had 4gifts under the tree and 2from santa im with everyone else. I cant believe the amount of presents people are posting under their tree. Im not going to bankrupt myself so.i can post a pictures with a ton of gifts under the tree.

• She was extremely happy with her gifts! She just wanted to play with the guitar so it would have been a fight to get her to unwrap a whole living room full anyway. ;)

Oct Angel Babies
  • E had no interest whatsoever in opening gifts, and not much in the gifts themselves. He's just really not engaged. Makes me sad :(

• The girls really got into the gift opening, but they didn't get tons of presents. A spoiled little girl we know probably had 30 gifts, no exaggeration, and she tore through them in MINUTES. Just ripped one open, tossed it to the side and went after the next one.

• The girls really got into the gift opening, but they didn't get tons of presents. A spoiled little girl we know probably had 30 gifts, no exaggeration, and she tore through them in MINUTES. Just ripped one open, tossed it to the side and went after the next one.

One of my husbands friends kids are like this. When they were over for.oyr friends christmas party i got each kid one gift. Tge oldest who is 11 opened it and threw it aside askin me.wherethe rest of her presents are i told hwr that was it one each. She just rolled her eyes and pulled her ipad out of her bag. Her parents didnt say anything at all. I wo i ld be so embarrassed if wesley ever did that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"