February 2013 Moms
Options

Middle name regrets

DS's middle name is Eric, for my brother.  when I was pregnant we were really close and he was the happiest I've ever seen him when we announced the pregnancy.  Fast forward to now, and things have changed.  He's being a d!ck and causing a lot of tension in the family.  I'm regretting naming DS for him now!  I'm not going to change the name or anything like that, I just wanted to get that off my chest.  I'm hopeful that things will improve and we'll be close again eventually...

Re: Middle name regrets

• Options
    Sagen said:
    I am sorry, I feel you on the middle name regrets. I do not have a middle name, and H and I couldn't agree on one for my daughter. He wanted to middle name her after his grandma who hates her name so much so work purposes she changed her name, not legally but on business cards and such. We ended up not giving her a middle name, like me, because we couldn't agree. I wish I would have given her my moms name as a middle name, but she was the first grandchild on my H side and it was a weird walking on egg shell situtaion. I am honestly tempted to legally change her name to add a middle name since her brothers have one, but all in all no middle name for me was NBD so maybe not? I hope you and your brother get along better soon.

I don't gave a middle name either and I've always loved it. We gave our boys middle names but if there was a girl, I would have pushed for no middle name. I probably would have been successful too ;) They can always take their maiden name on if they decide to change their last name eventually. But I like that i am not too wordy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm regretting using Sadie as a middle name because I would probably use it for DD2. We've choosen Sydney but I keep having second thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your brother! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited December 2014
    If it makes you feel better, you arent alone! I hate DS's middle name, but it was a compromise thing and it's better to be his middle name than a first name...
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"