July 2013 Moms

GTKY: ALL the money!

Just or fun, since we are in the season of giving, what would you spend the money on, if you were to win some HUGE amount of money?

1. For you

2. For everyone else
Married 6/18/11
BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: GTKY: ALL the money!

• 1. Pay off mortgage and all my bills. Put a large sum away for DS and DD. If anything is left, go on a family vacation. Quit my job.

2. Give my parents and DH's parents enough so they could all retire.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aww I dream about this all the time.

1. I would buy us our forever house and pay off all of our debts.

2. I would pay off my parents house so they could retire and make sure they're comfortable. I would also take care of my sister and my close friends. Oh I wish....
  • Loading the player...
  • for me: a house

for everyone else: money to those who need it
  • 1. I would build a large, really custom house, with a mini water park in the backyard, including a lazy river around the perimeter like a moat.

2. There are 4 or 5 charities I would give huge chunks to, one in particular. Everyone else is hard. So much I would want to do for friends and family, but I wish there were a way to do it anonymously. But I think the water park in my yard would give it away.
    I do know I would make sure my parents had enough my dad could retire now, and never have to worry, and pay off my inlaws debts and medical bills.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. Pay off all the bills. Put more into DD's savings account. New car for me. Decorate our new house.

2. Donate a huge chunk to pet shelters. Ideally, I would like to rescue every single hurt or abandoned dog I could. I pay my mom to watch DD so I think that counts as paying so she could retire.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• 1. Ditto to what everyone else has said - payoff off our debt. Buy DH a truck.

2. College money to E. Pay off the debt of our families. Donate to my favorite causes - the Four Diamonds Fund and John Hopkins Project Restore.
  • 1. Invest most of it and continue to live our same style of life. Future use of money would include: college for all of our children, travel, and early retirement.

2a. I would love to begin a school for kids ages 2-5 that focuses on creativity, arts, sciences and technology. This school would help at-risk kids and those with special needs. It would not be held accountable by any state standards. >:)

2b. I'd love to give money to my parents and my inlaws to travel the world. They have done a fabulous job living within their means and raising excellent children. They deserve a treat!! They would probably go together.
  • 1) Pay off my student loans, pay off our current house and buy a second home in Maine, take the family on an awesomely epic vacation to Fiji.

2) Open a nonprofit that takes kids from low-income homes and urban areas on wilderness retreats every year.
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • I honestly have no idea. I guess I'm not much of a dreamer :(
  • I ask this on my PCH FB page all the time so I think about it a lot - even though I can't win from PCH (karma's got to come back around eventually right?) I'd put most into savings for the kiddos future...but treat ourselves to some house renovations and treat my parents who do so much for us to anything they want :)

imageimageimage

• 1. Pay off student loans, mortgage, car payments. Fix up our house so it's the best it can be.

2. A few charities, help a family I know well in El Salvador, pay off my siblings student loans, pay for a big fun family vacation and invite parents/siblings, etc
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • 1. I would pay off my bills, go on a honeymoon (DH and I never went), and visit my best friend in San Diego.

2. I would put it aside for the kids for when they are older and take a trip to Disney when Nico hits the non-sprinter age. I would have to look at how much I got before deciding about other people.
  • 1) Wallpaper. The kind I like grows on really expensive trees.

2) Take everyone on a really awesome vacation. Also give some money to my HS, which is currently expanding its campus, and to my church for a restoration project.

***If the amount were substantial enough to cover one more college tuition, I would also like to pay for either IF treatments or adoption fees to add a 4th child to our family.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • For me: a new wardrobe & breast reduction. A chateau of course. :P

For others:
    I'd pay my brother's loans off. Then help him get his game inventions off the ground.

Pay for my Grandma to be set up for the rest of her life with personal medical supervision, chef & her own place.

I'd relocate my mom & her husband. Set her up with a plan for care if her mystery illness got worse.

I'd set my husband up so he could work on his novel & invention ideas. He could SAH & we'd invest a good amount so we could retire in style.

For the kids: college or trade school money. Put aside some $ to take some awesome trips abroad & around the world.

Clearly this amount of money would have to be insane.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1. I'm going with house renos or a new house for us.

2. Nothing for everyone else- mama needs a range rover! Kidding :wink: I'd give them money & let them choose!
  • DH would get a car and I would get a house. Screw everyone else.  ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • 1. Pay off all debt. Buy a few reasonable homes in high desired places as investments. Fix up our home now and buy one in town.

2. I think I would do a huge vacay for both families. Then, I would just be really generous on a daily basis. Buy the groceries for the person in front of me every time I shop. And pick up the check for the table next to us at dinner. That sort of thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"