Working Moms

A Christmas poll

1.  Do you do Santa with your kids?

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts?

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

4.  Do you do stockings?

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: A Christmas poll

• 1.  yes

2.  all wrapped - both Santa and all others

3.  Christmas day

4.  yes to stockings both at my house and at my parent's house.  not at in-law's

5.  we do powdered (snow) footprints from "Santa" from the fireplace to the Christmas tree.

View Full Size Image

• 1.  Do you do Santa with your kids? We will. This year we are doing 1 Santa gift, then the rest are from us.

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts? May leave Santa gift unwrapped. The rest will be wrapped.

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Hopefully we can always make it work out to open gifts on Christmas Day. DH is a firefighter and it is inevitable that he will work Christmas Day at some point during our kids' childhoods. 

4.  Do you do stockings? Yes. DH and I buy each other stocking stuffers, and we each buy LO some.

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does? So far, nothing really. LO will get pj's tomorrow night. My family did that and I would like to continue it for our family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Yes

2. Wrapped - we get plastic gift bags for large gifts that need pre-assembly.

3. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year.  We're going to give the kids non-Santa gifts Christmas Eve morning, and then they'll get their Santa gifts Christmas morning.  This is new this year, so we'll see how it goes.  Christmas Eve morning gifts are board games, lego sets, and movies (things that will keep them busy all day).  Last year it felt like they didn't grasp that mommy & daddy gave them gifts and Santa gave them gifts, and I was tired of hearing "when do we get to open presents" by 9:30 am Christmas Eve day.

4. Yes, we do stockings.

5. We don't really have a set tradition yet.  I'd like to start reading the story of Jesus's birth from the Bible at some point on Christmas.

• 1. Do you do Santa with your kids?  Yes

2. Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts? Wrapped - Santa has his own paper.

3. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  We open gift from each other Christmas Eve

4. Do you do stockings?  Yes but they have small items or trinkets in them

5. What's a Christmas tradition your family does?  St Nick brings new pjs for the kids and they wear them Christmas Eve.  Monkey bread and home made cocoa on Christmas morning.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • jnnfrrose6jnnfrrose6 member
    edited December 2014
    1.  Do you do Santa with your kids?  Yes

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts?  Santa does not wrap presents in our home.  DH's Santa did, and I told him if his Santa would like to come to our home and wrap his presents, he's welcome to, but otherwise it isn't happening.  All other gifts are wrapped.

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  Day.  Why would you open on Christmas Eve, unless you're visiting both sides of the family and splitting the holiday up?

4.  Do you do stockings?  Absolutely. 

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does?  Santa always put the gold wrapped chocolate coins in our stockings.  My brother and I always got a kick out of it because they always had Jewish things and Hebrew on them, so we joked that we had a Jewish Santa.  My kids will be getting the same.

• ccamccam member
    edited December 2014
    1. Yes
    2. Wrapped in different paper, unless it's too big to wrap, then it gets a bow.
    3. All on Christmas morning but they do get gifts on Christmas eve at their grandparent's.
    4. Yes, we all have stockings. DH and I fill each other's stockings since we don't do any other gifts between us.
    5. DH and I have bought an ornament for each other every year since we were married. We also started the same tradition with our kids.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• 1.  Do you do Santa with your kids?

Not really yet. DS is just starting to grasp Christmas but he did take a picture with Santa.

Wrapped

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas day and one stocking gift on Christmas Eve

4.  Do you do stockings?

Yes

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does?

Christmas Eve- bake cookies for Santa in Xmas pj's and watch The Grinch

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1. Do you do Santa with your kids?

Yes

2. Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts?

Santa presents are unwrapped, presents from us are wrapped.

3. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas day.

4. Do you do stockings?

Yes

5. What's a Christmas tradition your family does?

DH's side does the Feast of Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve for dinner. 

• 1.  Do you do Santa with your kids? Yes!

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts? Wrapped unless it's very large and hard to wrap, then it might get a pretty bow.

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both. (See below for traditions). Santa only brings presents on Christmas Day though.

4.  Do you do stockings? Yes! With a Christmas Orange (b/c there is a scratch and sniff book we have where a little bear gets an orange from Santa in his stocking) along with a little candy and little toys and a small book.

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does? This year will be our first year for cookies for Santa, but we'll do that. Also, going to the Christmas Eve service at our church. And seeing santa clause and taking pictures with him. Also going to my ILs on Christmas Eve and my parent's house on Christmas Day.    

\image  image

• 1.  Do you do Santa with your kids? This is the first year DS even gets the concept of Santa, but we plan on being pretty upfront about Santa being just pretend.

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts? Wrapped

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day, but we'll probably let DS open one present Christmas Eve.

4.  Do you do stockings? Yes- stockings are my favorite!

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does? I always used to make cookies for friends and family with my mom, but that's gone out the window due to time constraints since DS was born. I always bake some kind of sweet bread/pastries/rolls for Christmas morning. I'd like to start the Christmas Eve pajamas thing- I think that's cute.
  • 1.  Do you do Santa with your kids? Yes. Santa actually shows up to my MIL's party on Christmas Eve bringing gifts. Super fun.

Wrapped, though I think Santa's gifts could remain unwrapped until they appear under the tree.

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? One present Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas Day.

4.  Do you do stockings? Yes.

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does? Reading A Visit from St. Nicholas/The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve. It was one of my childhood traditions which I have continued with DS. We'll also continue to have a big breakfast on the pretty Christmas china from my childhood, new PJs, and we buy personalized ornaments for the kids and one family ornament each year. I also plan to take DS to midnight Mass when he's a little older.
  • jlaOK said:
    1.  Do you do Santa with your kids? Yes - half of DD's gifts are from Santa and half are from us.

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts? Anything under the tree before xmas is wrapped.  Santa's gifts are half wrapped half unwrapped.

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both.  We exchange family gifts on Christmas Eve.  Christmas Day is for Santa.

4.  Do you do stockings? Yes.

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does? If we're celebrating at home, we order Chinese food for Christmas dinner and eat it on the couch while watching a movie.  We joking call this "Jewish Christmas".  :D

• jlaOK said:
    1.  Do you do Santa with your kids? Yes

2.  Wrapped or unwrapped Christmas gifts? Last year was wrapped.  This year will be unwrapped. I think I will keep up with unwrapped because DS could find the wrapping paper in our closet. I want him to believe a couple more years out.

3.  Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas day because Santa comes tonight.

4.  Do you do stockings? only DS's stocking

5.  What's a Christmas tradition your family does? DS and I make craft ornaments for teachers, teacher's aides and therapists. I think this has become a tradition since he was 3 and we have fun doing them. My parents have suggestions for next year's ornaments but I will have to wait and see then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"