Trouble TTC
Options

Norovirus and semen analysis...

musicsmysoulmusicsmysoul member
edited December 2014 in Trouble TTC
Hi ladies,

I'm so down.. just when we were about to get answers, we were struck with the stomach bug (literally 2 hours prior to the tests!). My husband was going for a repeat semen analysis after bad results, a testicular ultrasound and a blood test. I've read online that any type of illness with a fever involved can really mess up results.. his urologist seems to disagree and said that if he waits a week or two it will be fine. It seems like this man think the OPPOSITE of everything I read.

It was a horrible stomach bug and while it only lasted 24 hours, my husband was really ill.

What do you think?? The blood test and ultrasound wouldn't be any diff, right? I would hate to wait another 3 months!

Re: Norovirus and semen analysis...

• Options
    Ahhh that's helpful. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Our office asks with each semen sample if DH had any illness in the last 3 months. It takes 70-90 days for sperm to develop so a fever in that time frame could have an effect on current results. But that said, DH has had a couple fevers and serious colds in the last year, and his SAs seem to jump up and down randomly. Hopefully the next SA result will be much better! And, for DH, he seems to find that his mood has an effect on the SA result...so maybe giving a "full" sample while feeling crummy wasn't easy?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"