Oklahoma Babies

Yoga and birthing classes

Hi there OK mommas!

Can anyone recommend good birthing classes and/or prenatal yoga classes in OKC? I live in Norman so anything nearer to there is great, but I'm willing to drive a reasonable amount too! I'm just TTC right now but I'd like to get started in the yoga classes pretty early so I'm doing some research!

I'm also interested in mommy and me exercise classes, but it will be a while before I'm taking part in those!

Thanks!

Re: Yoga and birthing classes

• I'm taking a prenatal yoga class thru Mamaste Yoga and really enjoy it! They will not take you until you have completed the first trimester and you need to have your OB/Midwife sign a release form. I know they have classes all over OKC, so look at the website and see if there is a time and location that works for you.

I start Birth Bootcamp classes this Friday! They were recommended by my doula, but obviously I can't give a review yet. I hope this helps!
  • Also, since you are TTC, I suggest just taking any yoga class at a studio you like to get comfortable with the breathing and movements. It's fantastic exercise and I missed it when I was too sick to go my first trimester.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info! I already do yoga pretty regularly at this land yoga. I'll look into mamaste when the time comes! :)
  • I'm taking a prenatal yoga class thru Mamaste Yoga and really enjoy it! They will not take you until you have completed the first trimester and you need to have your OB/Midwife sign a release form. I know they have classes all over OKC, so look at the website and see if there is a time and location that works for you.

I start Birth Bootcamp classes this Friday! They were recommended by my doula, but obviously I can't give a review yet. I hope this helps!

Is there a site/instructor you like more than the others?

Where are you taking birth bootcamp classes?

Sorry for all the questions... This is my first so I am just learning as I go :blush:
  • Sorry - I just saw this. No worries on all of the questions! I had them as well :)

As far as a site/instructor for yoga, I went with the downtown location for the location and have been very happy with the instructor. I haven't had any others for prenatal yoga.

I'm taking the Birth Bootcamp at the instructor's home. If you look at each instructor's web page, they should say where the classes will take place. Again, this was partially chosen for location and partially because of available classes.

To update my thoughts on BBC: We love it. My H and I both find it very informative and the instructor sets it up so well. We have plenty of discussion and I feel so confident going forward into labor and delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"