September 2015 Moms
Options

First Doctor's Appt is Today!!

I've been through this before, but I'm still very anxious and nervous. I'm secretly hoping my doctor is in the Christmas Spirit and wants to give me an early ultrasound :) However, I don't think that will happen, I didn't have one last time until I was 8 weeks along. 
When is everyone else's first appt? If you are a STM like me, do you remember how far along you were before your first ultrasound?

Re: First Doctor's Appt is Today!!

• Options
    My first appt with the nurse is Jan 2nd. My ob is stingy with the ultrasounds. I got one at 12 weeks with both but only because she had trouble finding the heartbeat. Otherwise she doesn't do one until the anatomy scan unless there's a problem
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think the usual is at 8 weeks. Mine will be on Jan. 20th.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a FTM, my first appt is 2 Jan, my nurse said based in LMP I'll be 5 weeks. So I do not really know what to expect with this first appt.. I have been taking pre natal vitamins the last few months, but she said they're going to give me some at the appt.
    Question: should I stop taking the ones I've been taking (been taking Expexta) and start taking the ones they give me or finish the ones I have then start taking the ones they give me? Or does it not matter?
  • Options

I think the usual is at 8 weeks. Mine will be on Jan. 20th.

Same, on both accounts!
  • Options
    slh33 said:
    I'm a FTM, my first appt is 2 Jan, my nurse said based in LMP I'll be 5 weeks. So I do not really know what to expect with this first appt.. I have been taking pre natal vitamins the last few months, but she said they're going to give me some at the appt. Question: should I stop taking the ones I've been taking (been taking Expexta) and start taking the ones they give me or finish the ones I have then start taking the ones they give me? Or does it not matter?
    Nah, if they ones you're taking work for you, I'd bring them in and let her know that's what your taking. Most likely at this appt they will go over your entire medical history, talk about what to do/not do, talk about the hospital you will deliver in, confirm with a urine test that you're pregnant, and set you up for an US BW 8-12 weeks

Awesome! Thank you so much!

• Options
    I haven't found an OB yet, so I haven't made an appointment. I will get on it after the New Year. I feel so behind. 
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    10 weeks. It is the size of a poppy seed right now.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    No ultrasound! I have one scheduled for 1/21 :)
  • Options
    @redandblack14‌ I assume you're a GA girl? I am too..I go to OBGYN of Atlanta (the one in John's Creek) and they deliver at Northside. Incase you're still looking, I love them so far! :)
  • Options
    @kendoo Yes Ma'am I am! I live in Oconee County so I'll be looking around Athens for an OB. I think I found one. Thank you so much though! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @redandblack14‌ So glad to hear you found an OB.
    I live in Dacula, just a bit down 316 from Oconee... and I went to UGA ;) It's nice to meet a "neighbor" on here!
  • Options
    @indogbeersiveonlyhadone‌ You can take any prenatals you want. The doctors office just gives them to you to save you money. However, last pregnancy, I took the ones from my doctor, and they made me sick.

I recommend either gel or chewables. The chalky ones are hard to digest.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I get no early u/s, boo.  I already had an appt with a nurse- confirmation. My next one is when I'm 6 weeks. But I don't get u/s until the NT scan if I opt in.

• Options
    kendoo said:
    @redandblack14‌ So glad to hear you found an OB. I live in Dacula, just a bit down 316 from Oconee... and I went to UGA ;) It's nice to meet a "neighbor" on here!
    Oh wow! I am originally from Lawrenceville and I went to UGA as well (I would include dates, but that would age me! Lol) It's so nice to meet you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

@kendoo Yes Ma'am I am! I live in Oconee County so I'll be looking around Athens for an OB. I think I found one. Thank you so much though! 

Hey we're neighbors!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I am a FTM with an EDD of September 5th. Just made my first appointment for January 5th. Feeling a bit nervous but mainly excited. Is there anything anyone brings/plans to bring to their first appointment? Thanks
  • Options
    Nope. My doctor schedules the appointment at 8-10 weeks. They will do an ultrasound (probably not in early Jan). My doctor also gives me samples of prenatal vitamins and pregnancy lit.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    My OB schedules at 6-8 weeks. My first appmnt will be Jan 6 and then I get my first ultrasound Jan 10. I am scheduled for an early ultrasound at just about 7 weeks because of my recent mc. If not, my doctor won't usually do ultrasounds until around 10 weeks or so.

Married 9/13/14

Me: 24 / DH: 24

BFP#1 10/15/14 - EDD 6/19/2014 - MC 10/23/14

BFP #2: 12/18/14 - EDD: 8/31/15 - MC 1/4/14 5w6d

**Currently Benched until TBD**

My Chart

• Options
    I am a STM. With my first it was around 8 weeks. This time it will be between 6-7 weeks and that will be on Januray 16.

* Mom to DS November 2008 *
                                   * Due September 2015 TWINS!!! *
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"