January 2013 Moms
Options

Weird throw up...

So much talk about throw up and sickness lately so I hate to do this.

J was sitting in his chair to eat dinner last night, but he wouldn't eat. I was actually getting frustrated he wasn't eating because I was trying to mix up a batch of peanut butter cup cookies. H went in to help J eat and suddenly projectile vomited all over. I felt like I was watching it in slow motion. J vomited again, I ran over and took away his puke filled tray and put a towel in front of him. Seemed like he was finished so H took off J's shirt and I took off his pants (he was covered). Cleaned him up and we went and sat on a towel covered couch and floor just incase. After 10 minutes of cuddling J wanted to get up and play with his truck, we put some clean PJ's on J. And off he went. I kept him up until 8:15pm just to make sure, no more episodes, played the entire time. Slept great all night and woke up this morning hungry and thirsty. Gave him toast and water at 6:15am, by 7:30am he was still good, asked for milk, gave him some milk. I called his daycare and explained and she said just to bring him, that it sounded like he simply had something that didn't agree with him. So I'm praying I don't get a call, I would hate to be wrong and he really is sick.

The kicker, she took the kids to McDonald's yesterday and said J ate an entire hamburger and some fries and apple slices. J has NEVER had a McDonald's hamburger. He's eaten hamburgers we have made at home. And he's only eaten at McDonald's a few times but has had chicken nuggets. I keep telling myself it was just the yucky grease that upset his stomach and he's good. 

Last Christmas I had the flu and was down and out until the 27th...I really hope it was just an upset tummy from food he ate. 

Time will tell....

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Weird throw up...

• Options
    I hope he is feeling better today!

DS had a similar situation 2 weeks ago. He wouldn't eat dinner that night and barely touched the yogurt I usually give as a back up. He woke up at 1:30 am with projectile vomiting. He ha 3 episodes in about 30 minutes and then was fine. He even wanted to play at that time because he was awake. I finally got him back to sleep around 3:30. He woke in the morning as if nothing had happened.

Of course I was exhausted, but he was fine. Go figure!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    I think that if it was the flu he would have either gotten sick again by morning---or at least exhibited a fever or tiredness by then. Wonder if he had food poisioning...
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I don't know about food poisoning, I think he would have been more sick. I think the greasy burger just didn't sit with him well...we don't eat a lot of fast food, so his stomach probably doesn't know what it is. Retract that, we do eat take out pizza that J really loves, so it's not like his stomach isn't used to grease...but maybe just not McD's grease.....

Who knows, regardless his d/c gal says he's been great all day, playing, eating and is currently down for a nap. Thank goodness.

I know a little boy who is in the hospital for this next week due to complications with his CF, poor thing had to have surgery and have his appendix removed. So if all I had to deal with was a little bit of throw up....I'm not going to complain. J and I are sending him a Christmas card with Snoopy stickers (his favorite character) and a Mickey Mouse picture colored by J. It's not much, but I hope it will make him and his family smile just a bit!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    So this just happened to my hubby last night. He was feeling kinda off but not sick, ate dinner fine. Woke up at 11 and had a violent vomiting session. As soon as he was done he felt absolutely fine. He said today he kinda feels the rest of the achy flu symptoms but otherwise just fine. Maybe a weird new flu?!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Aw poor guy, and poor parents for having to clean it all up! Glad he seems to be feeling better.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    How's he feeling now? I hope it was just the burger!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"