October 2013 Moms
Options

Presents: when do you put them out?

Do you put them under the tree as you wrap them, or wait until Christmas Eve as if Santa brought them?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Presents: when do you put them out?

• Options
    My beagle has peed on too many things left sitting on the floor for me to risk leaving presents there. I usually end up stacking them on the dining room table because that's where everything that I don't know what else to do with ends up. I normally spend Christmas eve in a last minute wrapping frenzy so it's not like my table is out of commission for all that long.
  • Options
    We always put them under the tree as we wrapped them, but that was before we had dd.  This year, we are waiting until Christmas eve, at midnight, to put them out and we will do this going forward.  Presents for other people will stay in a separate room out of sight.  I can't wait!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Christmas Eve, my cat rips them to shreds otherwise.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    @Lee81‌ I literally LOLed because my shih tzu sees anything out of place as open opportunity to pee on.

I wrapped ours last night and set them out. A was grinning when she saw them. I kept back the small ones so they wouldn't get lost if she was carrying them around.
  • Options
    We put them under the tree as they are wrapped. We have lots of them under the tree now and I still have some to wrap. Then the ones from Santa will be put out after DS goes to sleep and H and I put them together on Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    @Heather6789‌ It sucks, right?? It's why I can't get a real Christmas tree. Tree=toilet. I can't put that in my living room and expect him not to think he's got indoor plumbing.
  • Options
    Usually we put them out as soon as they are wrapped, but this year I was going to wait until Christmas Eve to put them out. I was afraid DD would get into them. But that plan was squashed when DH put them under on Saturday because he couldn't wait any longer lol

imageimage    

• Options
    Christmas Eve after the kids are asleep.  There is no way either kid would leave them alone, even if they are not for them.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ours are wrapped and addressed to emma from Santa. Next year I will wait until the middle of the night of Xmas eve and probably not wrap them. She doesn't know either way this year
  • Options
    I put a couple out before Christmas. I like the "wow" factor when seeing the tree for the first time on Christmas Day with all of the presents.

• Options
    I usually put them out on Christmas eve. There are a few family presents in bags tucked in the back right now.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just wrapped them last night and put them under the tree. He has been playing with the toys in their boxes already. Good thing he is too young to know any better!
  • Options
    Under the tree as we wrap them. DH gets very excited when he sees a new wrapped gift randomly appear. But as Hudson gets older we will probably hide them and put them out before he wakes up Christmas Day.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options

A couple here and there, but we wait until late late Christmas Eve to put the nice ones and the majority of them out.

We know too many people who have had their houses broken in to and had all of their presents under the tree stolen. So I just keep them in our hiding spots until then.

That's horrible! I've never even heard of that, but it makes sense.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options

Until this year, we always wrapped and put them under the tree as they were wrapped.  This year, we have decided to keep most of them until Christmas Eve after he goes to bed.  The only ones currently under the tree are his wrapped books counting down to Christmas (I only did 6 days leading to Christmas Eve) and his Christmas Eve box.

• Options
    I put some out after wrapping, others are still hidden until Christmas morning.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    Everything is wrapped and hidden. We will put them under the tree before we go to bed on Christmas eve. I have a 5 yo also and even though she knows some gifts come from mom and dad (and others from santa), she wouldn't be able to handle it if there were presents out that she couldn't open.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"