February 2014 Moms
Options

Gift idea - HALP!

Okay, so I was discussing this with @Bluedot818 yesterday. 

You all remember my SIL? The one who we didn't get told was expecting, until 10 days before the baby was born in November? Yeah that one. 

I am at a total loss as to what to give her for Christmas, so thought I would come here. Gift ideas for newer moms? $50 limit. I remember the thing that I felt most life changing was actual nursing apparel. But I do not really like to buy clothes for other people, because personal taste. And, $50 is like one shirt. We are doing our Christmas exchange after the New Year, so I still have time. 

She is not into spas, manicures, massages. So gift cards there are out.

Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Ps. I did meet our new nephew on Sunday! :) When was my baby ever that small? Also, his gift is finished, so has no real bearing on her gift.
Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: Gift idea - HALP!

• Options
    I would get her something for her, not something baby related, if that makes sense.

I love my Contigo and Tervis mugs, and often turn to those for gifts. I bought a couple of Yankee Candle Scenterpieces this year -- they're wax warmers but less mess.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!! I will put some to good use. 

@katybriggs It probably got lost in Randoms. Synopsis: BIL came over and told FIL/MIL/DH around Halloween that they were expecting but wouldn't say when. Then called 10 days later to tell us the baby was born. It was weird, still is...
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katybriggs Baby was a few days late. No real explanation. Oh, and we live 20 min from them. SIL only really comes around for holidays, but we have seen BIL several times throughout the year. We were all a little taken aback by this. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

• Options
    I would get her nothing. But I'm grinchy, and not her biggest fan. Yes, I've taken against an internet friends relative ;) 

Do you know if she's nursing? I was just thinking if she isn't, nursing gear could be upsetting, or unneeded.  Christmas gift buying is hard!

I vote get her a snuggy
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    @missdemeanor Somehow I feel a snuggy would fit this whole situation. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

• Options
    I agree with @shellbell3845 that I would get her something for her, not necessarily baby related. A week or so ago when I found out that my brother and sil were going to give me a growth chart for Christmas (I told him that DH is making 2 right now, so I'm not getting it from them anymore) one of my first thoughts was that a growth chart isn't really a gift just for me. It's for me "the mom", but not for me, ramfan. I have my own interests, too. 

Anyway, all of that said, she doesn't sound the like the kind of person I'd want to spend $50 on, or someone who I would really know well enough to be able to buy something personal for, so I'm not sure I have very good advice :|
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"