Breastfeeding
Options

my period is back! - any tips?

So she's back with a vengeance.  I've been reading that supply can take a hit.....  any tips for a FTM like myself?

Thanks in advance!  This is my fave board on the bump since joining years ago... 

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my period is back! - any tips?

• Options
    No real advice, except, yes your supply will probably take a temporary hit, it's discouraging and frustrating but just keep nursing and stay hydrated! @casey78 has a vitamin regimen- I think it was calcium and magnesium, but she'll have to confirm. Mine came back right around the same time as yours and has been back every 24-30 days since and I had a slight dip each time. All dips were temporary, thankfully!

Hang in there! Remember, Motrin is ok while nursing! Baby will probably want to nurse more due to that slight dip, so take that as an excuse to sit down and put your feet up! The first couple especially can be a doozy in terms of cramping and bleeding, at least mine were!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Keep very hydrated! That's the hardest part for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Peanutz21Peanutz21 member
    edited December 2014
    sorry fell off face of the planet - abyss of work :(

@casey78 and @mommatotwo2 - does your supply come back once your period is over? just curious bc i notice my output now the last day or so is still a little low-ish and my period has been over for a few days now

TTC#2
  • Options
    kam3100 said:
    Keep very hydrated! That's the hardest part for me.
    ugh meee too

TTC#2
  • Options
    casey78 said:
    Peanutz21 said:
    sorry fell off face of the planet - abyss of work :(

@casey78 and @mommatotwo2 - does your supply come back once your period is over? just curious bc i notice my output now the last day or so is still a little low-ish and my period has been over for a few days now

yes, it always bounces back. I've never supplemented during af - just be on demand, used my calcium and magnesium, and really focused on water.
    Sorry, very late coming back- but yes, mine did bounce back after each period.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"