July 2014 Moms
Options

darkangel42darkangel42 member
edited January 2015 in July 2014 Moms
JUST DELETE MY CONTENT

Re: .

• Options
    How long has it been going on? If it's relatively recent I might guess it's the 6-month growth spurt. I don't know - we're going through something similar here, even though my LO isn't quite 5 months yet. With DS1 I just ended up doing Ferber to eliminate a couple night wakings but he was closer to 1 at that point.

How much is she eating during the day? I've been trying to add in extra nursing sessions during the day in hopes it helps fill him up more but he's distracted so I don't know how much more he's really taking in. Blah.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do the moms on call schedules and they recommend giving a 5 minute pause before going in to check on baby. Then, go in and shush/comfort (but don't pick up baby yet). After a minute of that (regardless of if they calm or not), then leave for an additional 5 minutes. Then repeat going in an shushing/put your hand on them and kind of rock them or gently rub their forehead another minute. Then again, give them another 5 minutes. If they are still fussing after the 3rd 5 minute time, then feed them.

The book says after 3-4 days the feeding should at least be pushed back. And then after another 3-4 days it will likely drop all together.

Hope this helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TwizzyG said:
    We do the moms on call schedules and they recommend giving a 5 minute pause before going in to check on baby. Then, go in and shush/comfort (but don't pick up baby yet). After a minute of that (regardless of if they calm or not), then leave for an additional 5 minutes. Then repeat going in an shushing/put your hand on them and kind of rock them or gently rub their forehead another minute. Then again, give them another 5 minutes. If they are still fussing after the 3rd 5 minute time, then feed them. The book says after 3-4 days the feeding should at least be pushed back. And then after another 3-4 days it will likely drop all together. Hope this helps!
    We're the same here.  DD went through a fussy period around the 4 month mark, and then got sick, so she was back to waking up once (sometimes twice) a night for a few weeks after STTN early on.  I just followed the moms on call steps that we had done from the beginning and we're back to her STTN again (though she's got another cold, so we'll see how long that lasts).
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    My LO is doing this too.  He is super distracted at the breast during the day, so I think he is making up for lost calories/nutrition at night.  Same thing with the pacifier, cuddling, etc. not working.  He wants MILK.  I'm going to just roll with it for a while...thankfully I'm a teacher and off work 'til after new year's.  Good luck and I'll be watching to see if you figure out something that works!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are in this exact situation.

He STTN for 11-12 hours for 3 weeks straight around 3 months, then started waking once between 4-5 to eat, which was NBD because he was sleeping for so long, and he'd go right back down.

Now, he's up between 1-2am, eats, is then up between 3-4, sometimes until 5:30, and I usually just end up giving in and feeding him again.  I'm exhausted.

I am going to try the mom's on call thing now that I have a few days off.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    When I was still on maternity leave I was all about trying to not feed in the middle of the night and letting her cry a little and go back in 5 min blah blah blah, but now that I'm working again I feel like I've regressed to simply survival mode. She'll usually wake up between 1 and 3 and I'll just nurse her right to bed. Then on work days I put her in the car at 6:30 and on weekends she's beginning to wake up around 5/6 and won't go back to bed. That's the worst bc on the weekend I'll want to put her down again for another hour or two but she's not having it. I'm so tired. But I'm not going to bed until 11 most days which is my fault. I'm trying to go to bed earlier but I kiss my husband and will want to spend time with him at night after dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"