February 2013 Moms
Options

WWYD - the sick child saga continues

So DD1's fever kept going up every time the Tylenol wore off. We took her to the dr on Tuesday and he found a bad ear infection (she had had no symptoms of an ear infection other than a fever and not wanting to eat, which I had attributed to being sick in general). He gave her an antibiotic. Then on Wed my teeth started hurting. I went to the dentist on Thurs and he diagnosed a sinus infection and gave me an antibiotic. Thurs afternoon DD2's temp shot up, so we took her right in to the dr, he diagnosed an ear infection, and gave her an antibiotic, too. 

Now DD2 has been on the antibiotic for almost 4 days and her fever still isn't continually better- going up to over 103 sometimes. Would you wait until Mon and call the same dr again? Or would you take her in to convenient care this afternoon? I just want everyone to finally start feeling better!!!!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

Re: WWYD - the sick child saga continues

• Options
    Unfortunately, my guess is she probably came down with the other virus and that is likely causing the fever. I would continue to medicate as needed, push fluids, and if the fever continues take her to the doc on Monday.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Unfortunately, my guess is she probably came down with the other virus and that is likely causing the fever. I would continue to medicate as needed, push fluids, and if the fever continues take her to the doc on Monday.
    This exactly. My DS was King of the Ear Infections for about five months there, between 12 months-17 months or so. Often, those ear infections went hand in hand with another little viral infection. Since her fever isn't continuously going down with the antibiotics, I would probably try to just wait a couple days or so more, doing just what @wineandcake said-- pain meds as needed, lots of fluids, and plenty of rest. You guys can all cuddle on the couch and have a Christmas movie marathon. :)

If the fever doesn't start going down within 48 hours, then I would consider taking her back in. By then a virus would start to run its course and the fever should break. 

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So I did take her in today (hadn't seen your responses yet :) ), and the dr said the ear infection has cleared up, so at least the antibiotics seem to have done something. He said there were spots on her tonsils but the quick strep test was negative, so he's sending it in for more analysis and still gave us another antibiotic to try. He said if it were viral the fever wouldn't usually last this long, so he wants to try the antibiotic. I swear I'm not someone who's like "zomg, I have a cold, give me antibiotics!" and have asked in each of these cases if it might not be viral. 
    Here's to hoping we *finally* start to feel better because this sucks. We've been here over a week and have gotten almost nothing done that we wanted including the visits to people I really want to see :(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    kelly321 said:
    So I did take her in today (hadn't seen your responses yet :) ), and the dr said the ear infection has cleared up, so at least the antibiotics seem to have done something. He said there were spots on her tonsils but the quick strep test was negative, so he's sending it in for more analysis and still gave us another antibiotic to try. He said if it were viral the fever wouldn't usually last this long, so he wants to try the antibiotic. I swear I'm not someone who's like "zomg, I have a cold, give me antibiotics!" and have asked in each of these cases if it might not be viral. 
    Here's to hoping we *finally* start to feel better because this sucks. We've been here over a week and have gotten almost nothing done that we wanted including the visits to people I really want to see :(
    Yeah, it is odd that the fever has lasted this long. I hope she gets some relief soon!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    I would take her back in.  My dd had an ear infection last January - the first antibiotic did not work (amoxicilian), second she was allergic too and finally it took a z-pack to knock it out.  The NP said when she looked at her ears the last time that the bubbling (gross) was consistent with a kind of bacteria that would sometimes only respond to a zpack (if I understood right).  I would try another one.  I am so sorry you are having such a time!  That seriously sucks.  Hugs mama.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    Just saw last response.  Hoping they figure it out soon!  My dd had a bad cold for 2 1/2 weeks - I finally took her in and it required an antibiotic to clear it up.  Hoping you all get relief soon.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    I hope everyone is feeling better and you are able to enjoy your time here
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"