Breastfeeding

re intro and prepping for baby#2 questn

Hi. Was here allthe time during my toddler's first two yrs of life. Helped me much in bfing. Anyway baby #2 is on the way and this time I'll sah. I've got everything ready for this LO except that am I nuts for not even buying one baby bottle for her? I plan on nursing her like I did to her sister for four plus yrs. While I still have time to buy, do I buy? And how many do I need if evr? Still kept DDs old breastflow bottles but I dnt know if I can use them if I buy new teats for those. Help!

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: re intro and prepping for baby#2 questn

• Congrats on baby #2!

I don't think it's nuts to not have bottles at this point. It's basically a guessing game anyway - LO might not like the kind you buy.

If for some reason there was a situation where you needed one... Well most drug stores have a baby section where you could pick one up. I feel like this is an unlikely situation though.

Good luck!
    imageimage
    Cooper & Melody.     My Rescues <3

• Hi, congrats on #2. I SAH and EBF but still introduced the bottle with pumped milk at 3 weeks per her pedi and LC. I did it so MH and I can eventually have date nights. We later realized the small freezer stash I pumped is a good backup if I ever can't BF (sickness or something). We now give LO a bottle twice/week so she won't ever reject it. As for the bottles themselves, you will want new ones if your original bottles had BPA. I used samples in the beginning to discover if she had a brand preference but thankfully she didn't. Not all babies are that accommodating though LOL. HTH!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a SAHM of two. I had bad oversupply at the beginning and couldn't pump much so DS only had a few bottles in the first 10w. He refuses all bottles (6.5 mo now) and it is a huge PITA to be the only person that can feed him. I have to be home for every bed time and only get about 2 hrs out to run errands, go to doc appts, etc. without him. It's do-able, but it isn't fun.
  • Thank you so much for the inputs ladies!!

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • My advice to everyone is to have at least one bottle and a small amount of formula on hand. With my first, I ended up having major health complications a week after delivery. I was rushed to the hospital leaving my H (and then my mom) to take care of the baby. I wasn't in a condition to pump, and ended up having to take meds that made bf impossibly. So while worrying about his wife and taking care of a 1 wk old, my H had to go out in the cold and snow to buy a bottle and some formula. Totally not worth it. And best laid plans don't always work out exactly as you want.

• Love the above advice, not that you had emergency surgery. Hope all is better now! (I'm on mobile so I can't see siggys)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"