August 2014 Moms
Options

Today I feel like the worst mom because.....

I woke up at my usual 4:45am, walk to the bassinet, look inside to check on sleeping baby....Oh, what's that on your face sleeping baby? Realized whole face was covered in blood. Cue panic. Lights on. Realized she apparently scratched her face at some point and bled like a stuck pig. Will wait to clean it up because she slept through my crazy.....But wait...Oh, baby, why are your hands and face frozen like a yeti? Why does the whole house feel like the tundra? Cue second panic. No heat, thermostat dead. Wake up FI (a contactor - he must know what to do!) out of dead sleep to come to the rescue. Get death stare because thermostat just needed new batteries (who woulda thunk thermostats had batteries???).

No need for coffee this morning. Everyone is back to sleep except me, who has an awesome 12 hour shift to look forward to where I inevitably will deal with 40 dogs that ate all the Christmas chocolate.

Re: Today I feel like the worst mom because.....

• Options
    I'm glad everyone is ok though. Good luck at work
  • Options
    LO has had a stuffy nose the past couple nights (only at night, seems find during the day) and last night he slept like crap. Up every two hours. By 2 am I got lazy and brought him to bed with me, where he woke up every hour instead of every 2. I just realized this was probably due to being flat instead of in his inclined crib
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still dealing with DS ingrown toenail, although it's getting better feels like it's taking forever.
  • Options
    @Dawn5481‌ the same thing happened to us one day when LO was on his mat playing. I walked over to him and his face was covered in blood and I freaked out thinking DS1 did something to him. It is scary because there is so much blood from a little scratch! Sorry you had a crap night. I hope you get a little coffee before a long day of work.
  • Options
    Do you have a special thermostat like a nest or something? I didn't know they had batteries
  • Options

Do you have a special thermostat like a nest or something? I didn't know they had batteries

We rent an old house. This thing looks like it's from 1953.

• Options
    You are a great mom! Things happen but don't let it get you down.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had no idea thermostats had batteries. And my LO had a grandiose meltdown in Walmart and for 10 minutes home because I didn't not bring a paci. Mom fail.
  • Options

My smoke detector has been chirping for three days because I couldn't find the damn thing.  Its in the hall closet.

Who puts a smoke detector in a closet?!

Also, I turned DS's crib into the toddler bed to see if he's ready yet (whether we need to buy a second crib, or just a bed) and have spent the last two and a half hours chasing him like a crazy person trying to get him to lie down.  I'm exhausted.  And he's not sleeping.

And since I'm chasing him, A fell asleep without being nursed.  And I haven't had lunch.  Today just sucks.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    So, baby girl had a nose bleed...NOT a scratch on her face :(

And only one dumbass chocolate lab who (ironically) ate 90 miniature Hershey bars.
  • Options
    @leskay I think just the dry heat despite the humidifier going. I used saline spray before she went to bed last night. She was still stuffy but no bleeding.
  • Options
    For future reference, 4 month olds don't like when you spray stuff up their noses.
  • Options
    Dawn5481 said:

For future reference, 4 month olds don't like when you spray stuff up their noses.

I put LO on his back with his head in a boppy, and then hold a flashy-light thing that plays music above his head (just to where he tips his head back a bit). And then slowly let the few drops go in. It works really well (for now at least)!
  • Options
    I have this Saline.

It's nice because it will deliver a small puff of saline that wets stuff enough but doesn't piss LO off.
    Either that or I have a very laid-back little guy. (which may be the case?) he even doesn't fuss with the Nose Frida anymore, though he definitely would prefer I didn't!

I may have sucked on the Nose Frida a little too exuberantly at first and kiddo was mighty pissed until I figured out it doesn't take much to get those boogers out. We are all good now. I'm super lucky babies are forgiving because I goof up enough.
  • Options
    @herecomesthesun‌ Yep, that's the one I've got! Maybe I'm just holding the button down a little too long. I'm probably drowning my kid.
  • Options
    @Dawn5481- super, super brief press it's like pressing an elevator button, not a trigger. (I definitely drowned him a few times first. Oops! And I remind myself button, not trigger each time!)
  • Options
    @herecomesthesun‌ I totally overdid Nose Frida the first time too. Poor little guy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"