December 2013 Moms
Options

seizures or just spasms

So my LO has to go see a neurologist to see if she might be having mild seizures. i hate waiting on the drs to call! she is almost 10 months and has started to have these little jerks/spasms not really sure how to classify it where her legs kind of stretch out 2 or 3 times. doesnt hurt her. sometimes she laughs when it happens or just goes on about playing with her toys. i have watched some videos of other LO's having mild seizures and they dont look like what she is doing but i am sure it can look many different ways. sometimes she can go days without them and then others it will happen a few times a day. sometimes it even looks like maybe she is doing it voluntary so i think the drs are just being cautious which i am glad of. anyone else have this happen with their little one?

Re: seizures or just spasms

• Options
    thanks! i sure hope so! the waiting is the worst part. hopefully they will be able to get her in soon.
  • Options
    Hope everything goes well for you! My LO finally got off seizure meds a month ago and was on them since birth. Hers started at two days old and her seizures consisted of staring off and turning blue. :( my neurologist said unfortunately seizures can come in many forms. Not telling you this to scare you but to let you know that if your LO is diagnosed, although scary at first, can usually be easily managed. Keep us posted on results and fingers crossed that it is not seizures! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any news? Everything go ok at the neurologist?
  • Options
    small update* i still had not heard from the neuro office to make an appt so i called out pediatrician and they gave me the direct line to the neuro place. I called them and the nurse told me that the Dr takes 2-3 weeks to review the file before setting up an appt and i was still in the review phase. I told her i didnt really understand that since there was nothing to review. She has not had any test done or anything yet. She told me that my child was not the only one that needed to be seen and all i could do was wait for their call. So i am still waiting. Besides being so nervous about my LO someone needs to help that nurse with her phone manners. I know as a FTM i am prob being more neurotic but i feel like possible seizures is something you should have looked at ASAP.
  • Options
    I'm sorry your having such a difficult time :( I hope they get your LO in soon!
  • Options
    so i FINALLY got the call from the neurologist and the soonest appt that they have is nov 24th! and it isnt even with the dr it is with the nurse practitioner first and then with the dr if they think it is something to look into. so still waiting on this journey....
  • Options
    Just wanted to update ya'll - we had LO's neuro appt yesterday and they are sending us for an EEG as a precaution but we brought them a video of her "spasms" and they said from that and what we were explaining to them that it SHOULD be something that she will grow out of. THey want teh EEG just in case and then told us to wait a few months see if the episodes start to subside or lessen and if not then we would come back in for more testing. So i feel a little more at ease adn i think i will feel much better after the EEG. The NP also took our video and showed it to the attending dr so that was nice of her to do also.
  • Options
    Is there any chance it's something called complex motor stereotypy? If you google it you'll find out more about it. My son has it and it can be hard to get a diagnosis.
  • Options
    Good luck with everything, and please update with results of the EEG.

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Finally got our EEG results and they said everything looked normal. She had a few of her little jerks while she was sleeping during the EEG so we felt confident that we should get a good reading. The Dr. said to monitor her for about the next 6 months and see if it is something she will grow out of. If it hasnt stopped by then - then we will have to go in for more testing but definitely feeling better after the EEG. :)
  • Options
    That's great news!

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am glad the EEG showed good results! Fingers crossed its something your LO grows out of :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"