Parenting after a Loss

*~*~Infant Check IN 12/23*~*~

Infant Age:

Milestones:

Challenges:

Funny/cute stories:

QOTW: This question was asked a while ago on my BMB...Is there anything you do now that you have LO that you said you never would?

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

Re: *~*~Infant Check IN 12/23*~*~

• Infant Age: 16w

Milestones: She has mastered rolling over, she now will lift her head during tummy time. Oh and she def has found her voice lol

Challenges: sleep is horrible. We had to stop swaddling weeks ago because she could rollover. Although she never slept great in crib or pnp its now worse doing maybe 30min to 1 hr stretches and sometimes will not let us put her in it so she still sometimes sleeps on my chest since she won't even lay in the bed only wants to be held. I am Hoping to order a zipadeezip today to try to help her.

Funny/cute stories: She has this green rattle ball that she tries to shove in her mouth but when it never fits due to size she starts yelling. Not crying yelling but frustrated because all she wants is to put it in her mouth!

QOTW: This question was asked a while ago on my BMB...Is there anything you do now that you have LO that you said you never would? I always said I would never let her sleep with/on me but untill you have that one child that refuses to sleep otherwise you do what you have to do.

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• @Meagpt22 thanks I was able to order a zipadee-zip so hopefully its works magic like the reviews say, should be here in about a week. I think iI would go to my families house everyday too if my baby slept like that! I did read that babies are supposed to eat every 2-3 hrs during the day so if you stick with that you should be able to make up those oz with no problem!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• Loading the player...

• Infant Age: 9 months

Milestones: she's got her first tooth coming in, she can pull herself to stand, reaches up when you go to pick her up, and says mama and dada

Challenges: teething is really taking a toll on her. She's normally such a happy, laid back baby, but she's in pain and crying a lot and her nose is all stuffy and sneezy. It breaks my heart.

Funny/cute stories: I tried taking some pics of her in front of the Christmas tree. Within minutes she was surrounded by presents and got some ribbon off one of the gifts.

QOTW: This question was asked a while ago on my BMB...Is there anything you do now that you have LO that you said you never would? Ugh so much. We don't co-sleep, but we've spent many fussy nights early on on the couch together and we often take naps together. I said I would never do that. I also wanted to stay away from digital stuff for a long time but I let her play with my phone and even downloaded a baby app for her. I also thought I would never make certain mistakes, but when she was in her bucket seat, I've forgotten to buckle her in more times than I'd like to admit.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Infant Age: 4.5 months

Milestones: He's reaching for DH and me now when he wants to be picked up. He also likes to reach for my mouth while I am holding him. It's really sweet.

Challenges: He's been sort of crabby lately and the kid will not nap. It's a giant battle every time we try to put him down for a nap. HOWEVER, he is sleeping well at night again, so if I have to choose between the two, I'll take that one. 

Funny/cute stories: The cute flip-side to the nap battle is that he scrunches himself up like a newborn when I pick him up after giving up on the nap. He buries his face in my shoulder and is super cuddly.

QOTW: This question was asked a while ago on my BMB...Is there anything you do now that you have LO that you said you never would?
    Oh, where to start? I talk in high-pitched excited tones. I do NOT do baby talk, but I never thought I would do this high-pitched thing, either. (It calms him right down, so it's one of those "whatever works" things I guess.)
    We also have started to schedule life around bedtime more. I never thought we'd do that. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Infant Age: 3 months (15 weeks)

Milestones: yesterday I got a giggle out of him. It was just once but it was the cutest sound ever.

Challenges: DS hasn't been feeling well for the last week. We thought he was teething because his gums are swollen. But yesterday he broke out in a rash. His pedi says its a virus that will have to run its course. DS has been sleeping terrible and will only sleep in bed with me. I'm hoping he starts feeling better soon.

Funny/cute stories: DS has been so clingy and only wanting mommy. I love how comforting I am to him.

Co sleeping in the bed was a big one for me. But there have been several times he has ended up in bed with us.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • classicstar28classicstar28 member
    edited December 2014
    Infant Age: 2 months

Milestones: swatting and trying to grab things, smiling and babbling more, sitting up with help, looking for us when we talk (sometimes). We found out at her appointment Friday that she can stand for about 3 seconds. She's also now sleeping in the pnp instead of the swing without much of a problem.

Challenges: she still hates tummy time. Rarely will she hang out and try things without fussing and crying. She also has gone back to not letting me put her down for naps. DH can, though...

Funny/cute stories: Last night as we were getting ready for bed Lillian was hanging out in the swing. She loves watching the mobile on it and will often coo when we have it on. This time she started to babble at it. It was so adorable hearing her string together different sounds like she was having a conversation with the birds on the mobile.

Definitely sleeping in the bed with her. I never thought I'd do that, but now I do pretty much every day. We usually take a morning nap together.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • Infant Age: 9 mo

Milestones: Crawling, pulling up, sitting up, and  has 5 teeth and a 6th on the way!  PHew!! He's had a ton of stuff going on in his little world. Well I guess it just got a whole lot bigger and keeping us on our toes!

Challenges:  MIL was around E on saturday and tested positive for the flu on Sunday.  Monday he developed a cough and got really cranky. He tested negative for flu and rsv but blood work showed a virus so we are treating for flu anyway. :(

Funny/cute stories:  My dad and E communicate through grunting and growling. It's so cute to watch them do this at each other!!

QOTW: This question was asked a while ago on my BMB...Is there anything you do now that you have LO that you said you never would?  Probably putting my inside dogs outside more.  I always thought they were my "kids" and wouldn't do that but I realize they can hurt him if he pulls their fur and sometimes I have to separate everybody. 

image    image   image

BFP#1 2/5/13 - EDD 10/11/13 - MMC@8wks - D&C 3/7/13
    BFP#2 7/10/13 - EDD 3/21/14- Eli's Here!!
    imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

FOR A GOOD TIME: ****/post/150810/thread

• @angelsnight‌ aw I hope LO starts to feel better and that teeth cutting gives him a break from the pain soon. Too cute about the presents!

@RN536 just keep trying with tummy time hopefully it gets easier!

@2redtulips‌ aww I bet that is the best feeling when he reaches out. Hopefully nap time will get easier for you..

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"