September 2012 Moms
Options

Bedtime

What time does your little one go to bed and get up in the morning?

My girls usually go to bed between 7 and 7:30pm, but lately they stay up for an hour
or so after we put them in bed- talking, playing, yelling..etc...  Which then
leads to them taking off their clothes and diapers, which is not good!

Re: Bedtime

• Options
    8-8 he is in a crib and settles to sleep quickly.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My kids go to bed at 8 and wake up around 6:30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    harti09 said:
    My guys got into a lot of trouble together. They played off each other and prevented the other from settling well. It was like monkeys in a zoo until they eventually just passed out. Naps almost completely stopped because they just couldn't settle. It was hard when they were in cribs, but then they started climbing out and we switched to toddler beds. All hell broke loose.

We had to separate. They still take some time to go down, but it's nothing like it used to be. It's max 30 minutes of quiet play now. It's peaceful and just them winding down.

To your original question: They go to bed 7/7:30pm and wake up 6:45/7:15am. They nap an average of 2 hours in the afternoon. 
    Im definately not ready to try the toddler beds yet!  
  • Options
    Bedtime is 7/7:30pm, they are up at 7am
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bedtime lately is 9:30. I get home much later so I'm guessing it is her way to spend time with me. Wake up has been around 7 give or take a few minutes.

I miss the kid that went to sleep by 8 every night.

• Options
    Colby goes to sleep around 8 and is up at 6. He takes a 2 hour nap every day. It does take him a while to settle when I put him in his crib, he rolls around, sings to himself and sometimes yells to me to come back in his room to tuck him in again.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're usually around 8-8, but she's been more difficult again this week and has pushed it more to 9-9.  It's not unusual for her to call me back in for a diaper change, then because her lovie fell out of bed, then because she got out of bed to flick the doorstop spring and needs to be tucked back in. 

I think she could probably use a slightly later bedtime, but it's DH's only time to put her to bed before he goes to work, and they love the bedtime routine they have together.  Then again, her naps have maybe been later than they should be, due to her sleeping in and me dragging the kids on errands/shopping in the morning.
  • Options
    S usually is asleep sometime between 645p and 715p, and wakes fairly consistently around 630a. When I'm on mat leave in the new year, we will likely try to shift it closer to 730/8p for a bedtime in the hopes of getting a bit of a later wake time.
  • Options
    She goes down between 7-730.  But talks in her crib for awhile.  We are up usually by 550 for me to get to work. 
                  image     image
  • Options
    Typically 8p-7:15a, with a 1 hr & 20 min nap.

• Options
    I just wanted to come in and say that the big girl bed is the debil.  We are having such a hard time with it, all through the night :(

W goes to bed at 830 and wakes around 730. 

Except with the big girl bed.  We put her down at 830, we read a book/rock her for 10 minutes then super nanny her until about 920 (no talking, just keep walking her back to bed).  Then we resign to closing the upstairs gate.  She screams for awhile, beats walls, and falls asleep on the floor in the hallway.

Then she's up around 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...... it ranges from 2 to 6 times up a night.  Fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

I just wanted to come in and say that the big girl bed is the debil.  We are having such a hard time with it, all through the night :(

W goes to bed at 830 and wakes around 730. 

Except with the big girl bed.  We put her down at 830, we read a book/rock her for 10 minutes then super nanny her until about 920 (no talking, just keep walking her back to bed).  Then we resign to closing the upstairs gate.  She screams for awhile, beats walls, and falls asleep on the floor in the hallway.

Then she's up around 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...... it ranges from 2 to 6 times up a night.  Fun.

Well this just made me rethink our decision that it could help sleep in our house.
                  image     image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"