Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Milk & Soy Allergy

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has advice/suggestions. My 2 older kids never had allergies and I'm at a loss. Our ped has been trying to help but getting frustrated with the process.

My LO is almost 4 months old and Dr thinks it's a true allergy to both milk and soy. She was on alimentum for a week and pooping 6-7 times a day diarrhea like. Now they switched to nutramigin and it's still the same. Her little butt is so bad
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Milk & Soy Allergy

• Options
    Which nutramigen? From my research allimentum and nutramigen are only partially hydrolyzed, still having milk in them. I would consider a switch to Neocate, Elecare, or nutramigen AA, these are amino acid formulas with nothing in them for babies to be allergic to. My LO is 4 months old, we just had blood work for allergies, I'm waiting on the results. I'm not an expert, this is just what I found out on my own. It's hard for doctors to determine an intolerance vs an allergy, and it's very frustrating trying to figure it out. There is a food allergy board on the bump here you may find helpful.
  • Options
    My son had very very loose poops at every feeding for two weeks and a diaper rash from it when we switched to alimentum then it was better after that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with pp,you switched from one hydrolsate formula to another, Alimentum and Nutramigen are the same type of formula, where the milk proteins are only partially broken down. 

If your LO is still not improving you may need to try an elemental formula like Neocate.  Elemental formulas are completely broken down 100% into free amino acids, the building blocks of protein.  So there are no protein chains for your LO to digest. 

Here is some info that helped me:

https://www.neocate.com/blog/hydrolysate-formulas-vs-amino-acid-based-formulas/

Rachel Mom to 3 boys Augustboy02 - Sensational Sensory Kid Decemberboy04 -former reflux baby Augustboy10 - MFPI baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"