Toddlers: 24 Months+

Hates getting a haircut

Any tips for how to avoid a screaming, boogery, writhing toddler during a haircut? DS's first haircut went great. He sat on DH's lap, watched some mickey on our phones, and ate some goldfish. For some reason, no matter what distractions we try to provide, every haircut since has been a disaster to the point of they can't even finish his haircut. They still use scissors on him...the buzzer freaks him out (although at this point I guess we might as well do the trimmer since he cries and screams anyway). We've gone to different places, etc. Even the Carnival Cuts place where he can sit in a vehicle, watch cartoons, and get a balloon when he's all done. Nothing has worked. Help! He is super shaggy lol!
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hates getting a haircut

• You are not alone. Every haircut since the first has gone progressively worse-- and even candy has no effect anymore. We just went to Carnival Cuts yesterday and I had to keep reminding him that we'd go on the merry go round afterward. It kept him in his seat but he was still hysterical during the cut. I can't believe those women can cut their hair at all. I give them a lot of credit.

• We've tried letting him use our phones, watching stuff on the iPad, giving him M&Ms, bribing him with a toy, a balloon, going on the carousel after (do we live in the same area eyenigh lol?!) or the train ride they have in the mall...NOTHING works. Yesterday we took him and it was horrendous. He won't even let them put the cape on him so he gets covered in hair too which is half the problem---he hates that feeling. We basically have to pin him down and hold his head while he SCREAMS and screams and screams. It's miserable.
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • UMichGirl said:
    We've tried letting him use our phones, watching stuff on the iPad, giving him M&Ms, bribing him with a toy, a balloon, going on the carousel after (do we live in the same area eyenigh lol?!) or the train ride they have in the mall...NOTHING works. Yesterday we took him and it was horrendous. He won't even let them put the cape on him so he gets covered in hair too which is half the problem---he hates that feeling. We basically have to pin him down and hold his head while he SCREAMS and screams and screams. It's miserable.

@UMichGirl‌ I think we live in the same subdivision (sort of, since they're all connected) if you're the person I'm remembering talking to before. You're talking about Lakeside, right?

• Lollipops.  Candy bribery is my go-to.  
  • UMichGirlUMichGirl member
    edited December 2014
    eyenigh said:

UMichGirl said:

We've tried letting him use our phones, watching stuff on the iPad, giving him M&Ms, bribing him with a toy, a balloon, going on the carousel after (do we live in the same area eyenigh lol?!) or the train ride they have in the mall...NOTHING works. Yesterday we took him and it was horrendous. He won't even let them put the cape on him so he gets covered in hair too which is half the problem---he hates that feeling. We basically have to pin him down and hold his head while he SCREAMS and screams and screams. It's miserable.

@UMichGirl‌ I think we live in the same subdivision (sort of, since they're all connected) if you're the person I'm remembering talking to before. You're talking about Lakeside, right?

@eyenigh DUH! That's right! Sorry, I forgot we had talked about that before! Yes lakeside. He loves the train that's downstairs by the play area (and conveniently, the toy store). But I swear nothing works. Luckily we got his hair cut super short this time so maybe we won't need to endure another haircut for a couple months lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"