High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

HELP!!! PRETERM LABOR

bebydiva13bebydiva13 member
edited November 2014 in High-Risk Pregnancy
At 27 weeks and 4 days of pregnancy I went to my OB/GYN do to pressure on my lower belly, I was having painless contractions so she sent me to L&D they put me on Magnesium and sent me home with procardia, which helped, until recently now im 29 weeks and I went to the bathroom and I saw what I thougth the mucus plug without blood so I went to L&D again just to make sure...my cervix is closed so far, but I was having contractions again, although I didn't feel them thet gave me Indocin at 6pm they gave me 2 pills each 25mg and then one at midnight also 25mg...now I did a research on it and Im scared to death about the side effects....has anyone has been on this medication? Please share your stories with me....and pray for my LO

Re: HELP!!! PRETERM LABOR

• Options
    First off, I am sorry you are going through this. I hope they have also started to give the steroid shots.
    The lucky thing for you is that although 29 weeks is early but the 'zone that you want to pass' is 28 weeks and you are a week past.
    I was put on that tocolytic with no side-effects for my LOs.
    My best advice is to just take it one day at a time. T&P
  • Options
    10-4LilBuddy10-4LilBuddy member
    edited December 2014
    Hi there. Graduate of this board and infrequent lurker. I went into PTL with shortened cervix at 24 wks with my twins. I did magnesium twice and Indocin twice during a couple of episodes and they stopped contractions. I also did Procardia and two steroid shots. I went on hospital bedrest for nine weeks and home bedrest for three weeks. My kids were delivered via C section at 36 weeks. Never went into full blown labor. Kids were born breathing room air and never went to the NICU. I credit the magnesium and steroids with helping them. Both kids are great and developmentally on track. You have made it past the crucial 28 week point. You can do this. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank You So much for the support....its kinda scary, Im on procardia right now seems to help but still having some painless contractions just like Braxton Hicks, Im on bedrest drinking lots of water...I hope I can make it to the 37 week...
  • Options
    Iam only 20weeks on bed rest cause it looks like it try to open but hasn't yet hope we will make it
  • Options
    Yes, we will!! Prayers for you!!
  • Options
    I am also a grad of this board (although currently TTC - and will be back for real then!)...

You are in a great place--- so breathe easy and give yourself mini-goals.. (get to 30 weeks, get to 31 etc.... you feel more accomplished at each step) 

My story:
    I went into PTL at 28 weeks with my first --- 3cm dilated consistent contractions--- was put on nifedipine and given steroid shots -- was put on hospital bed rest and ended up making it to 34 weeks!  My little one spent 12 days in NICU.  Now she is2 years old, a little bit on the small side, but otherwise totally healthy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing, im currently 31 weeks and my ob/gyn took me off the nefipedine because my pressure dropped a lot!! But the contractions have slowed down i think i have irritable uterus and my cervix haven't changed...so i think so good so far...
  • Options
    @bebydiva13 Yes--- I had issue with the nifedipine -- but I am glad it was able to slow your contractions.  31 weeks is a great place to be... give yourself grace and relax!

Are you at home?  I spent most of my 6 weeks in the hospital (SO boring), if you are at home enjoy those creature comforts!  If you are in the hospital, make sure you have something more than the internet to entertain you.

Best of luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, Im currently at home almost 32 weeks now...I hope I can make it till 37 weeks...
    ;) What issues did you had with nefipedine?
  • Options
    Ohh thank you so much...so far im 32 weeks !! And counting
  • Options
    bebydiva13 the nifedipine messed with my heart beat --- very slow, then palpitations.  Strangeness for sure.  But my Drs. were amazing about it and I always felt super secure.

How are you coming along?  Still cooking? 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"