August 2014 Moms
Options

NYE

What will you be doing for New Year's Eve? DH and I always go to our friends party but I don't see how we can this year. I'm think we will probably be sleeping through this one

Re: NYE

• Options
    I am hoping to be fast asleep (lame, but sleep is a commodity!). I will cook a good dinner like chicken chilli or whatever DH requests.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Haven't thought about it. We'll probably just stay home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mrsthompsontobe‌ this is us as well since LO is refusing to take bottles. I want to see my friends!
  • Options
    H has worked NYE the past 3 or 4 years so I am usually alone and once we had DS1 I barely make it to 12. This year he will be home I think but I doubt we will do anything. Unless we hang out with another couple who has a 2 month old.
  • Options
    We have been asleep by like 10:30-11 the past few years. Neither of us are big on parties or crowds so we like to be home. Plus, completely exhausted so I'm not missing any sleep.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and i used to go to friends parties on NYE then that started to change as I wanted to spend time with DS. Now we stay up till midnight with him, pop some new years crackers have a toast of sparkling cider then everyone's in bed by 12:30.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    The plan right now is to do a sleepover at ILs house (they live about 5 minutes away). They have a TV and we don't, which means we can put DS to bed in the PNP and then stay up with a bottle of champagne and watch the ball drop.

The quieter the better, as far as I'm concerned!

image    image
  • Options
    Party at our friend's house.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    Sleepover at my parents. They have a great party and we will bring the kids and put them to bed and stay up.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We may go to a neighbor's house or have some neighbors over to ours. It will be pretty low key. I can't remember the last time I voluntarily stayed up past midnight.
  • Options
    We just decided tonight that we're throwing a party at our house! That way I can be with LO, get her to bed and hopefully have a few hours to enjoy myself.
  • Options
    Like @mrsnorris1179‌ I'm hoping to celebrate east coast New Years ( we're in Seattle) then go to bed.
  • Options
    Probably just hang out at home :) with good wine and good music!
  • Options
    We will be home. Neither one of us are really into going out and partying so we usually just stay home. Last year DH had to work and got home around 11:30 and he isn't sure yet if he will have to work this year, yet.
  • Options
    We have a babysitter but no plans yet. Maybe just bar hopping.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
  • Options
    We usually go to a bar/restaurant down the street, but this year we finally have neighbors (our friends built a house next to ours)! They will be hosting a party...I'm loving it...we get to see all of our friends over for events, and I can just take LO home if need be and don't have to deal with prepping for house guests LoL
  • Options
    I hope to be sleeping :-)
  • Options
    @tinkerbell019‌ that sounds like a dream! I would love friends next door.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
  • Options
    lynds002 said:
    @tinkerbell019‌ that sounds like a dream! I would love friends next door.
    At first I was a little worried, it can be hard to work with and live close to people (her DH, my DH and I all work for the same organization). But it's worked out to be a tremendous blessing for us, she is a SAHM and has also been able to nanny our LO since I returned to work.
  • Options
    shevaCC said:
    Like @mrsnorris1179‌ I'm hoping to celebrate east coast New Years ( we're in Seattle) then go to bed.
    This is my plan too! (We're in CA).  That way I can celebrate and still be in bed by 9:30.  Dinner, get the kiddos in bed, drink a bottle of wine (myself - if DH wants some he can open another bottle), eat some cookies, ball drop, then 9:30 bedtime.  Woohoo.

imageimage
  • Options
    Dh and I and some friends are going ti a hotel that has a cocktail party with dinner and dancing and overnight stay! Ds will be staying with gma :)

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    We usually go to BIL's parents place. We play games all night and once midnight hits, we eat. They always prepare a huge buffet.

I'm worried about how LO will do. I'm crossing my fingers that he will fall asleep easily in the PnP at their house.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"